Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Like any music other than Metal/Rock?

Go down 
+12
MetalH
Tall Tyrion
manny
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Phoenix Reign Drummer
DeathCult
SpectreFate
scottmitchell74
detuned
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:59 pm

There are plenty of YouTube clips of the Skolnick trio floating around out there.

Just my personal take...there are MANY other guitarists out there that do the jazz thing alot better than Skolnick. I admire what he's trying to do, but he still sounds like a rock guitarist trying to play jazz...instead of sounding like a jazz guitarist.

It's a very different language.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:03 pm

I listen to almost all genres of music, if I like it I like it. I can't stand when people get hung up on genres and what band belongs to what genre, who cares is the music any good?

I guess one common factor most of the music I listen to is most of it is guitar based.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
I saw the Alex Skolnick Trio cd used the other day and I was wanting to hear what they sounded like cause there was some cover songs on there. I lasted about 2 seconds and I put it down. I knew what they were going to sound like but I just had to find out. Just not my cup of tea.

I'd be interested in hearing that. It's heavy metal tunes done in a jazz-style with no vocals, correct? Are there original compositions on there as well or all covers?

I really have no idea I noticed a couple of the songs on there but not all of them so it could be mixed. If you want it I can see if its still there next time I go and pick it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:37 am

I like a lot of the old blues gutar players. Not so much Muddy Waters or BB King (although I like them), but the more pure country blues. Skip James, Robert Johnson, Blind Willie Johnson, etc...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:09 am

I have Country Music Television on in the background as I type. Does that count?

Gawd, that Miranda Lambert is cute.

Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 INT-MirandaL1
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:05 am

She looks like her eyes are rolled back in her head. affraid
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:16 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:

She isn't the cutest, but you actually see eyes when you look at that picture? It makes me want to buy Willie Nelson albums and masturbate all over them. pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:42 pm

spectrefate wrote:
She isn't the cutest, but you actually see eyes when you look at that picture?

No eyes, just two shining coins that speak of a soulless existence.

Quote :
It makes me want to buy Willie Nelson albums and masturbate all over them. pale

I could think of weirder things to do.... I guess.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:06 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

They are. I had just gotten, er. "finished" with her when I snapped that picture and she was still recovering What a Face
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Except for those beady eyes, she's pretty cute!

I listen to a lot of alternative rock and "scene" music like say Emery or Fall Out Boy. I don't really stray far from Rock/Metal/alternative.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
krokus
Bret Michaels Fan
Bret Michaels Fan
krokus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:38 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
I started with pop music and stumbled on metal via Quiet Riot and Twisted Sister. I could never just listen to one style of music. I would kill myself.

haha not me. Theres enough different styles of metal and rock to keep me going.

I agree with that. I listen from HARD AOR till BLACK METAL and in the middle you can find HEAVY METAL, SPEED METAL, THRASH METAL, DEATH METAL, GLAM/SLEAZY METAL, WHITE METAL, PUNK/CRUST METAL, THRASHCORE and a long etc..... I dont need to listen to blues, jazz, pop, hip hop, grunge, nu metal and shit like that Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:38 pm

krokus wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
I started with pop music and stumbled on metal via Quiet Riot and Twisted Sister. I could never just listen to one style of music. I would kill myself.

haha not me. Theres enough different styles of metal and rock to keep me going.

I agree with that. I listen from HARD AOR till BLACK METAL and in the middle you can find HEAVY METAL, SPEED METAL, THRASH METAL, DEATH METAL, GLAM/SLEAZY METAL, WHITE METAL, PUNK/CRUST METAL, THRASHCORE and a long etc..... I dont need to listen to blues, jazz, pop, hip hop, grunge, nu metal and shit like that Laughing Laughing

I love AOR and hard rock too!

Alex
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:39 pm

I love Celtic and Renaissance music.

I have a CD by Wicked Tinkers that I break out every St. Patrick's Day. Nothing but traditional Irish drums and bagpipes. I'm a sucker for bagpipes.

There are some great bands that incorporate bagpipes into their rock. Horslips, Dropkick Murphys, Seven Nations, Real McKenzies, Brother, Wolfstone...I got a million of 'em.

And for Renaissance music mixed with rock, you can't go wrong with Blackmore's Night.

Early Jethro Tull also has some of this (Songs From The Wood, Heavy Horses, Minstrel In Gallery, Stormwatch).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I have a CD by Wicked Tinkers that I break out every St. Patrick's Day. Nothing but traditional Irish drums and bagpipes. I'm a sucker for bagpipes.

There are some great bands that incorporate bagpipes into their rock. Horslips, Dropkick Murphys, Seven Nations, Real McKenzies, Brother, Wolfstone...I got a million of 'em.

And for Renaissance music mixed with rock, you can't go wrong with Blackmore's Night.

Early Jethro Tull also has some of this (Songs From The Wood, Heavy Horses, Minstrel In Gallery, Stormwatch).

have you ever heard The Electrics? They are an Irish Christian band. Its pretty neat stuff.

Alex
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:48 pm

I detest country music.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:51 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

have you ever heard The Electrics? They are an Irish Christian band. Its pretty neat stuff.

Alex

Nope. I need to check them out.

The only Christian Celtic Rock band I know is Ceili Rain.
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 6:14 pm

I like 80's pop music and some weirdo stuff like The Residents.
Back to top Go down
RepulseOblivion
Bride of the Monster
Bride of the Monster
RepulseOblivion

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:50 am

I love classical music, such as Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Camille Saint-Saens, etc.
Back to top Go down
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:40 pm

RepulseOblivion wrote:
I love classical music, such as Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Camille Saint-Saens, etc.

I'm a Debussy nut....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Me too!! I loved him in the Buddy Holly Story and Lethal Weapon as Mr. Joshua.

Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Gary-busey-teeth

Oops! My bad. I thought you said a Gary Busey nut.
Back to top Go down
RepulseOblivion
Bride of the Monster
Bride of the Monster
RepulseOblivion

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 4:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I also like Celtic & Renaissance music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Like any music other than Metal/Rock?   Like any music other than Metal/Rock? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Like any music other than Metal/Rock?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2