Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newer Thrash

Go down 
+2
Thrasher73
DeathCult
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:48 pm

Ive really been digging this new wave of retro thrash type music lately, its been awhile before Ive actually been excited by a new release by a new band. Namely Toxic Holocaust, they jumped right into my top 20, and they're new one just further solidifies their spot. Anyone else diggin this stuff?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Its Great!I've been spinning An Overdose of Death alot since getting it.I love the vocals.The guy reminds me of Roger martinez pn Human Sacrifice
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:58 pm

YES! I saw you registered and was waiting for a response to this haha. Good comparison vocal wise. Im loving Joel Grind right now, been listening to the three Toxic Holocaust albums back to back for awhile now. He's also done a side project with a japenese guy called Tiger Junkies which is good as well. But man, Toxic Holocaust is just awesome. Been pimping the crap out of the new one, sending copies to both Shiney and Saxon.

Any thoughts on Merciless Death?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 127

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Yes.

Blood Tsunami

Avenger Of Blood

Thrash Clash stuff from Stormy

Testament's new one.

Warbringer

Even the new Arch Enemy is very thrashy.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:13 am

Merciless Death are good too.Much more of an old school vibe to them.Their newest one has alot better production than Evil in The Night.
Some other bands I'm digging right now:

Hatchet
Gama Bomb
Bonded By Blood
Hexen
Hatchery
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:53 am

Out of all of the new thrash I've picked up over the past year, one that really stands out for me is Evile. I just love that disc. Hatchet and Fueled by Fire are real good ones too. The Merciless Death didn't quite grab me like I'd hoped, but I really didn't give it a chance. I'll need to give that one a few more spins. Oh, and Hyades is another good one.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Out of all of the new thrash I've picked up over the past year, one that really stands out for me is Evile. I just love that disc. Hatchet and Fueled by Fire are real good ones too. The Merciless Death didn't quite grab me like I'd hoped, but I really didn't give it a chance. I'll need to give that one a few more spins. Oh, and Hyades is another good one.

Oh yeah,Hyades are my favorite of the newer bands.I've been pimping them on HOM for the last couple years.I've never been disappointed by any Italian thrash band for that matter.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:04 pm

Love the new avatar dude!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:07 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:08 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Oh yeah,Hyades are my favorite of the newer bands.I've been pimping them on HOM for the last couple years.I've never been disappointed by any Italian thrash band for that matter.

I still need to get The Worst Is Yet To Come. I only have Abuse Your Illusions.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:10 am

DeathCult wrote:
Love the new avatar dude!

The Dude abides. I had a bad day at work yesterday and the wife had a white Russian waiting for me at the door when I got home last night. Yum!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:15 am

Fucking Facist! One of the best movies of all time.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:16 am

Never seen it. I sure wish I knew what the hell you guys are talking about. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:17 am

My wife was watching some cake-baking show and the guy was making a giant severed toe cake for this...

http://lebowskifest.com/
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:19 am

They have a small one of those in Vineland every summer I found out, but I was working and couldnt go to the most recent one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:20 am

spectrefate wrote:
Never seen it. I sure wish I knew what the hell you guys are talking about. Smile

Stop wasting your time on message boards and go watch The Big Lebowski.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 am

Newer Thrash 4832
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:49 pm

I like many of the newer bands. But I find that they don't have the staying power that the classics do. Heck, come to think of it, I don't think I can name 3 bands formed after 2000 that has staying power.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:52 pm

kmorg wrote:
I like many of the newer bands. But I find that they don't have the staying power that the classics do. Heck, come to think of it, I don't think I can name 3 bands formed after 2000 that has staying power.....

Listen to Toxic Holocaust's new one, Im telling you, its great. I was feeling the same way for awhile, but all of their material makes me feel differently about the staying power.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:00 pm

I'm not sure. Wasn't all that impressed with the cuts on Speed Kills... Again...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:05 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'm not sure. Wasn't all that impressed with the cuts on Speed Kills... Again...

If you dont mind CDR's I could make yo usome.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Sure! Or you could send it Rapidshare, and save the shipping costs for gas? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:50 pm

kmorg wrote:

I sorta feel that way too. Although I'm really enjoying this latest resurgeance of thrash bands, I wonder how many of them will be around in 3, 5 or 10 years. Or who will step up into "main stream" success. And by main stream, I don't necessarily mean commercial success, but more like "household name recognition". Who is gonna be the next Alex Skolnik, Cliff Burton or Blitz? Who is gonna be the "Big Four" of the New Wave of Classic Thrash? So many of these newer bands are just copping an old style and giving it a new spin. That's fine, but who is gonna take it to the next level and stand out amongst the crowd?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newer Thrash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newer Thrash   Newer Thrash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newer Thrash
Page 1 of 1