Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stop the remakes!!

Go down 
+3
SpectreFate
DeathCult
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Man, what is up with all the horror remakes these days. IT MUST END!! I was just looking at imdb, and it looks like George A.Romero is remaking The Crazies, and Dario Argento is remaking Suspiria!! What is the frickin' point? Those are masterpieces, and cannot be improved in any way! This is insane!! AAAAAARGHHHHH
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:47 pm

Same thing Ive been saying since the TCM remake. I heard they want to re do THEY LIVE as well, might as well just kill me now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:31 am

Halloween, Hellraiser, Hils Have Eyes, Dawn Of The Dead, Day Of The Dead....... it never ends.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:41 am

kmorg wrote:
Halloween, Hellraiser, Hils Have Eyes, Dawn Of The Dead, Day Of The Dead....... it never ends.

If people would stop supporting these movies when they come out, maybe they will stop. Although that thought is unlikely.

That totally sucks about The Crazies. I love love love that movie. I hoped it was just obscure enough to fly under the radar of this remake bullshit. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:28 pm

Never heard of the Crazies. I'll look into it though because ive been on a horror movie kick lately. Im really bummed though because today I came home and turned the tv on to see whats on and of course they went and changed all the times to the shows I would watch when I got home to work. I was like ok hmmm... theres nothing else on let me check out the 24/7 horror channel called Monsters HD that my ever so loving cable company provides and low and behold the channel has ceased operations and will no longer be available! JUUUUST GREAT!!! Thank you cablevision! I actually think im going to have to complain about this. Usually I wouldnt care cause I dont really watch much tv but this just really pisses me off. So not only did they take away Monsters HD but they also took away any channel that was put out by VOOM so theres goes 4 or 5 more channels.

Anyway back to the remake thing... It is getting annoying because they really arent needed. Anyone hear about the Karate Kid movie with Will Smiths song playing the Karate Kid and Jackie Chan playing Mr. Miagi? (bad spelling) My cousin keeps talking about that one on our radio show because did this movie really have to be remade? Does any of these? Some of them have been decent but otherwise its pointless.

Ever since the writing strike thing things just keep getting worse and no one has any good new ideas anymore. If they ever remake Back To The Future im done with watching movies forever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:19 am

kmorg wrote:
George A.Romero is remaking The Crazies, and Dario Argento is remaking Suspiria!!

I probably wouldn't mind these remakes so much if Romero was doing "The Crazies" again himself, and Argento was re-doing his own movie... but you just know they're gonna give the actual directing job(s) to some young hack fresh out of film school whose only previous experience is Pepsi commercials and/or hip-hop videos.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:56 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Anyway back to the remake thing... It is getting annoying because they really arent needed. Anyone hear about the Karate Kid movie with Will Smiths song playing the Karate Kid and Jackie Chan playing Mr. Miagi? (bad spelling) My cousin keeps talking about that one on our radio show because did this movie really have to be remade? Does any of these? Some of them have been decent but otherwise its pointless.

Yeah, I've heard about thi, becasue a local director from the town next to where I live is directing it, so it's big news here. His name is Harald Zwart, and his biggest movies in Hollywood so far are the second Pink Panther remake (!!), the first Agent Cody Banks movie, and my favorite, One Night At McCools (starring Liv Tyler).

I aslo agree about Back To The Future. A remake would be disastous. But I've been thinking about maybe they should do a 4th one?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 pm

I don't watch many horror flicks, but I agree that the remakes of all genres of movies must stop. 97.6% out-right suck, and the rest of 'em, even if they're ok, pale in comparison to the originals. I have yet to see the remake from the last 10 years or so that was better than the original.

A Back to the Future re-make? Please. Michael J. Fox is shaking his fist in protest. At least I think it's in protest.

I'm going to hell for that joke.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Razz
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 5:48 pm

Snicker that was a good one MG.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't watch many horror flicks, but I agree that the remakes of all genres of movies must stop. 97.6% out-right suck, and the rest of 'em, even if they're ok, pale in comparison to the originals. I have yet to see the remake from the last 10 years or so that was better than the original.

A Back to the Future re-make? Please. Michael J. Fox is shaking his fist in protest. At least I think it's in protest.

I'm going to hell for that joke.

Pfft, 99.9 percent of them suck ass.

Pretty good joke though Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:58 pm

I don't get it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:22 am

Rapscallion wrote:
I don't get it. Razz

I believe MG71 was making light of Michael J. Fox's ongoing battle with Parkinsons' Disease, which causes involuntary shaking.

See, it sucks all the fun out of things when you gotta explain it to the young'uns.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rapscallion wrote:
I don't get it. Razz

I believe MG71 was making light of Michael J. Fox's ongoing battle with Parkinsons' Disease, which causes involuntary shaking.

See, it sucks all the fun out of things when you gotta explain it to the young'uns.

Man, you're correct. That joke looks even worse now that you gotta spell it out for 'em. I wish I had an excuse for this behavior of mine, but I don't. I am what I am.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:25 pm

lol Your joke was used lastnight on my radio show. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
lol Your joke was used lastnight on my radio show. Thanks!

Sweet. At least 4 people heard it. Laughing

See? That was just mean. I can't stop myself. Sorry Phoenix Wayne.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:39 pm

lol your just on a roll arent you? It was 5 people to be exact but dont mind that 2 of them were me and my cousin on our own computers Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stop the remakes!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stop the remakes!!   Stop the remakes!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stop the remakes!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Everything Else-
Jump to: