Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toxic Avenger!

Go down 
+5
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
SpectreFate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:17 pm

So I saw a brief bit of a Toxic Avenger movie on TV the other night. I don't even know which one it was, but it piqued my nostagic interest. I never watched them back in the day because I thought I was "above" them. Rolling Eyes

My question is film lovers, are there any turds in the series or am I safe watching them all?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Love it, have the whole boxset, all of em are hilarious, even the cartoon. The first still remains my favorite though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:46 pm

I sorta remember the original one. Wasn't there a scene of a girl diddling herself to pictures of car crashes or something. That's the part I remember. Never saw any of the others, although I've seen my share of other classics in the Troma Films archives.

Back in my single days, my buddies and I would host "bad movie nights". Host would provide some beer and a few of the worst movies he could find in the video store. Then everyone would come over (with more beer) and we'd put on our own drunken version of Mystery Science Theater. *sigh* Good times, good times.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:16 am

I believe I've only seen the first two "Toxic Avenger" flicks, loved'em both but haven't seen either one in quite some time. Being from Jersey, you kind of have to love Troma Films cuz they're all shot in and around the NJ/NY metro area. I watched'em shoot a scene from "Class of Nuke'Em High" at one of the local high schools when I was growing up.

Useless "Toxic" trivia, the fat guy with the mustache who gets "pressed" to death in the dry cleaners shop taught English and Film Studies at my high school...his name is Joe Zarro. That dude was queer as a three dollar bill, haha. "Toxic" was one of his attempts at becoming an actor. (I believe he has one or two other credits if you look him up on IMDB). When I was in high school his role in "Toxic" was well known amongst the student body, when I took his film study class we all begged him to show the movie (or at least the scene he was in) in our class, but he always said "Oh God, no, the Board of Education would have my head." He seemed embarrassed by it. I guess his acting aspirations were a little more highbrow.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 127

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:09 pm

I can't remember the others, but the first one is a true classic. That's a truly gloriously cheesy classic movie. Man, that sauna scene helped usher me into puberty.
Back to top Go down
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:53 pm

If you like "Troma" flicks make sure you don't miss these classics of camp:

Surf Nazis Must Die

and

Redneck Zombies
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:13 pm

The first one is definitely the best.

And Troma's released a new king of cheesy camp:

Poultrygeist.

It's a musical. With chicken-demons.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:53 am

Isn't Zombie Strippers a new one from them too?

The first 3 TA movies where great. Haven't seen any of them after that. The 1st one is a must!
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
RepulseOblivion
Bride of the Monster
Bride of the Monster
RepulseOblivion

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Toxic Avenger! DSCN6865

My cat even likes Troma.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:09 pm

That cat is the coolest ever.

But, fair warning, Troma may make you partially retarded.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Also, Class Of Nuke 'Em High is a Troma movie you need to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toxic Avenger! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxic Avenger!   Toxic Avenger! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toxic Avenger!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Everything Else-
Jump to: