Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I just drank a beer.

Go down 
+6
SpectreFate
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
detuned
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:44 pm

I finally managed to choke down my last bottle of Jack's Pumpkin Ale (the Michelob version of the stuff I like).

I found out today from my cube neighbor that Schlafleys couldn't keep up with the demand for their pumpkin ale which explains why I couldn't get it at the store. He couldn't even get it at the Schlafley Pub in downtown St. Louis.

Amazing considering we're supposed to be in a recession and this beer goes for 8.29 a six pack.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I finally managed to choke down my last bottle of Jack's Pumpkin Ale (the Michelob version of the stuff I like).

I found out today from my cube neighbor that Schlafleys couldn't keep up with the demand for their pumpkin ale which explains why I couldn't get it at the store. He couldn't even get it at the Schlafley Pub in downtown St. Louis.

Amazing considering we're supposed to be in a recession and this beer goes for 8.29 a six pack.

Well that sucks. I thought about picking up the Michelob you had, but I just couldnt do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:48 pm

DeathCult wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Well that sucks. I thought about picking up the Michelob you had, but I just couldnt do it.

It's lousy. Tastes like regular Mich with a slight pumpkin taste.

I haven't found a nationally available version of pumpkin ale that I like.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:50 pm

I bought some Jagermeister instead. Boink
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:59 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I bought some Jagermeister instead. Boink

Wise decision!

I was introduced to that stuff about 17 years ago my platonic German girlfriend. This was one of those deals where we'd call each other up on a weekend and if neither of us was doing anything, we'd catch a band, go out to eat or hit a bar.

One weekend, we saw The Outlaws at a little club in New Haven and went for some food and drinks afterward. She suggested we get some Jager. I'd never had it and she proceeded to order some. My first thought was that it tasted like cough medicine. After a few more, I decided I loved it.

Now I tell people I think it tastes like Vicks 44 crossed with root beer.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:02 pm

I dont remember when I first had it, but I had the same thought on the cough medicene.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:27 pm

Anyone like any of the Sam Adams flavors?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:

I like them all. Smile

The Summer Ale and the Cherry Wheat are my favorites, but I have yet to meet a Sam Adams I didn't like. They have a variety pack that is well worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

I like them all. Smile

The Summer Ale and the Cherry Wheat are my favorites, but I have yet to meet a Sam Adams I didn't like. They have a variety pack that is well worth checking out.

Nice, Ill start calling you Spare Tire.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:33 pm

If I keep it up, you can call me Michelin Man. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm about to have a beer (Full Moon Winter Ale)... who's with me??
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Im with ya brotha!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Woot! I'm on my second Full Moon Winter Ale now. Damn, this is pretty good stuff. Too bad it's my last one. Though I still have a few Miller Genuine Drafts left after this, so I'm in good shape.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Sadly, as expected, my brother did not renew my subscription to Beer of the Month for Christmas. Crying or Very sad It was nice to come home and see that box sitting on the steps. Guess I'll go back to buying beer myself. I picked up a case of 3 Horses Beer over the weekend. Goofy name, but the price ($18.99) was right for an import and it tastes good. Sorta like St. Pauli Girl.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 pm

I am shedding a tear for your Beer of the Month Club subscription's passing, MG.

I wish somebody out there liked ME enough to give me such a thoughtful gift. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just drank a beer.   I just drank a beer. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just drank a beer.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Everything Else-
Jump to: