Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Commercial Ever?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Best Commercial Ever? Empty
PostSubject: Best Commercial Ever?   Best Commercial Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 12:17 pm

Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble pimpin' Winston cigarettes in the early 60s!!
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Best Commercial Ever?   Best Commercial Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Damn thinks to this thread I am now off for my 600th cigarette break of the day
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Best Commercial Ever?   Best Commercial Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Ahhh the good old days. Kicking back with your best bud, havin' a smoke while the women did housework. If only Fred & Barney were cracking open a few PBR's, I'd say that's the perfect commercial.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Best Commercial Ever?   Best Commercial Ever? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Ahhh the good old days. Kicking back with your best bud, havin' a smoke while the women did housework.

The wimmen folk knew their proper place back in Bedrock times.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Best Commercial Ever?   Best Commercial Ever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 pm

Smile I liked that, pretty funny they could get away with shit like that back then.

Out of newer commercials I like that auto insurance one where that blue smiley says "well fuck them!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Best Commercial Ever?   Best Commercial Ever? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:43 am

The mind boggles at the idea that a tobacco company actually sponsored a cartoon show!! .. I know the Flintstones were aired in prime time back then and were aimed at an "adult" audience at first, and that cigarette commercials were commonplace back then, but still... those were very different times. By today's standards, that would be like Jack Daniels and Trojan Condoms sponsoring "The Simpsons."

I used to have an old VHS tape of "Classic Commercials" with that Winston spot on it, but lost it years ago. Until I tripped over the video on YouTube the other day I was beginning to wonder if I'd just imagined it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Commercial Ever?   Best Commercial Ever? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Commercial Ever?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Everything Else-
Jump to: