Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Check out T.U.B.E.

Go down 
+3
DeathCult
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Fat Freddy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 am

So do ya like bootlegs? Then you'll love this site:

http://theultimatebootlegexperience.blogspot.com

Lotsa interesting stuff from all the usual suspects (Sabbath, KISS, Maiden, Metallica, GNR, etc., etc.) ... I just checked out a pretty sweet compilation of rare and unreleased Ramones tracks. Check it out y'all.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:11 pm

Interesting..... I had a rapidshare account a few weeks ago but my time ran out. I wish you would have shared this sooner! haha Some cool things on there though. I want to get some of the maiden ones especially from the A Matter Of Life And Death Tour and The Somewhere Back In Time Tour. I tried one of the Faith No More ones and the file was gone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:49 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I wish you would have shared this sooner!

Haha, sorry, but I only discovered this site last night. One of my buds e-mailed me a Wikipedia article that mentioned a Ramones song he'd never heard ("Go Home Ann," which apparently was a B-side to a single way the hell back in 1984 or 85 and has never appeared anywhere else) and asked if I knew of it. I sez "Nope, but now I want to," haha. He sez "It sez it's on a compilation album called UNRELEASED TRACKS, did you ever hear of that?" and I sez "Nope, that's gotta be some kind of bootleg comp, lemme see what I can find out," so for the hell of it I Google searched "Ramones Unreleased Tracks" and boom, that T.U.B.E. site was the first hit that came back. There were actually two volumes of "Unreleased Tracks" on there so I snagged'em both... and the mysterious "Go Home Ann" is indeed on Volume 1, and it kicks ass!!

Happy hunting, and lemme know if you make any cool finds! bounce
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Some of these are pretty cool, I may have to set up an account. Was hoping they would have some more of the Sabbath boots I want, but no such luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:33 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Was hoping they would have some more of the Sabbath boots I want, but no such luck.

I noticed that they have the "Born Again" demos and at least one concert boot from that tour, but I would suppose with you being Born Again Fan Numero Uno, that you probably have those already, don'cha? Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Was hoping they would have some more of the Sabbath boots I want, but no such luck.

I noticed that they have the "Born Again" demos and at least one concert boot from that tour, but I would suppose with you being Born Again Fan Numero Uno, that you probably have those already, don'cha? Smile

Yep, Im looking for one from the Reading festival, and a couple others from late in the tour. I refuse to pay someone 15 bucks a piece for copies, especially given the quality of a few of them.

However, I believe I will partake in some Deep Purple and Blue Oyster Cult, good looking shows there.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm interested in those BORN AGAIN era boots myself. I'm curious to hear Sabbath playing "Smoke On The Water" live!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 pm

I had to laugh when I saw this one:
http://theultimatebootlegexperience.blogspot.com/search/label/Peter%20Criss

"The Peter Criss Pre-KISS Archives?" Good Lord. Nobody even wants to hear Peter Criss' LEGITIMATE solo releases, who the hell's gonna want a bootleg of his stuff? Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

"The Peter Criss Pre-KISS Archives?" Good Lord. Nobody even wants to hear Peter Criss' LEGITIMATE solo releases, who the hell's gonna want a bootleg of his stuff? Laughing

Scott Waters I bet Very Happy

And, I could send you the files to that Born Again boot myself Freddy, its a good show Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm interested in those BORN AGAIN era boots myself. I'm curious to hear Sabbath playing "Smoke On The Water" live!!

It sounds very cool, it is a little weird to hear Iommi play the opening but not half as strange hearing Ian Gillan sing 'Paranoid' but excellent version.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Wow, there's some really cool stuff here. Do you need to sign up to hear this stuff or is it free?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Downloading right now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 9:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wow, there's some really cool stuff here. Do you need to sign up to hear this stuff or is it free?

Dey's free mon! Have at'em! Beat the bootleggers at their own game! Stick it to the man! Fight the power! Or something! Twisted Evil

Just found an AC/DC "Rarities" disc with a couple of tracks featuring their pre-Bon Scott vocalist, Dave Evans, on'em. That should be an odd listen. Never heard any AC/DC with that guy on it before.

The only thing I've found annoying about this site thus far is that some of the download links on the site take you first to a text document, which you have to open in Notepad in order to find the REAL download link. I don't understand what the extra step is for. Some sort of security measure? Don't make no sense no-how. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Dey's free mon! Have at'em! Beat the bootleggers at their own game! Stick it to the man! Fight the power! Or something! Twisted Evil

Just found an AC/DC "Rarities" disc with a couple of tracks featuring their pre-Bon Scott vocalist, Dave Evans, on'em. That should be an odd listen. Never heard any AC/DC with that guy on it before.

The only thing I've found annoying about this site thus far is that some of the download links on the site take you first to a text document, which you have to open in Notepad in order to find the REAL download link. I don't understand what the extra step is for. Some sort of security measure? Don't make no sense no-how. Rolling Eyes

Yea, I figured it out. The only downside I found was that I needed to download something to open .rar files. I went with WinRar, but it's only a trial version and I'm always nervous about downloading any new programs. The notepad thing is an annoyance as well.

I found some cool Guns n' Roses demos from their Appetite days that I used to have on a 8th generation cassette tape.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am

7-zip will unpack your rar files for free.

http://www.7-zip.org/
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:24 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
7-zip will unpack your rar files for free.

[url=http://www.7-zip.org/
http://www.7-zip.org/[/quote[/url]]

I looked at that one too, but went with WinRar only because I already have WinZip on my computer, so I figured those 2 would work together without causing any software conflicts. I'm probably breaking all sorts of I.T rules by doing this stuff on a work computer already, so I didn't want to get them involved. Luckily, this work station isn't restricted (yet). At my desk computer, I can't download anything or recieve software updates without putting in a fomal request, wait for approval, then an admin has to come and do the install. Ahhh progress!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:32 pm

I.T. guys have serious job security. Smile Just ask Eyesore.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I found some cool Guns n' Roses demos from their Appetite days that I used to have on a 8th generation cassette tape.

Cool man, glad you found some goodies. When it comes to bootleg stuff, I personally am more interested in things like demos, unreleased studio out takes, B-sides, etc. than I am in unlicensed live material. 99 times out of 100 those bootleg concert CDs sound like crap anyway.

That AC/DC comp I snagged off of the TUBE is pretty bad-ass by the way. There are a lot of songs on there that I'd never heard before. The stuff with their first lead singer (Dave Evans) is out-and-out bizarre, he had a much "nicer" voice than you'd expect to hear from AC/DC. He was more of a "glam rock" singer I'd say (when I say "Glam Rock" by the way, I mean in terms of the 70s British stuff, i.e. Queen, T-Rex, Gary Glitter, etc., not the '80s L.A. glam guys). I imagine if he'd stayed in the band, AC/DC would've sounded very different today. Bon Scott gave'em a much needed shot of grit and grime!

Anyway, the majority of the songs on the AC/DC comp are from the Australian pressings of HIGH VOLTAGE, T.N.T. and LET THERE BE ROCK albums. When they got a worldwide deal, the HIGH VOLTAGE us Yanks know was actually a compilation of stuff from the HIGH VOLTAGE and TNT albums, with a bunch of songs cut from each album. The Aussie DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP had a few tracks on it that weren't on the US version either. If ya likes Bon Scott era AC/DC you gots to check this one out, yo. The only Brian Johnson song on here is a B-side from the "Money Talks" single.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Cool man, glad you found some goodies. When it comes to bootleg stuff, I personally am more interested in things like demos, unreleased studio out takes, B-sides, etc. than I am in unlicensed live material. 99 times out of 100 those bootleg concert CDs sound like crap anyway.

That AC/DC comp I snagged off of the TUBE is pretty bad-ass by the way. There are a lot of songs on there that I'd never heard before. The stuff with their first lead singer (Dave Evans) is out-and-out bizarre, he had a much "nicer" voice than you'd expect to hear from AC/DC. He was more of a "glam rock" singer I'd say (when I say "Glam Rock" by the way, I mean in terms of the 70s British stuff, i.e. Queen, T-Rex, Gary Glitter, etc., not the '80s L.A. glam guys). I imagine if he'd stayed in the band, AC/DC would've sounded very different today. Bon Scott gave'em a much needed shot of grit and grime!

Anyway, the majority of the songs on the AC/DC comp are from the Australian pressings of HIGH VOLTAGE, T.N.T. and LET THERE BE ROCK albums. When they got a worldwide deal, the HIGH VOLTAGE us Yanks know was actually a compilation of stuff from the HIGH VOLTAGE and TNT albums, with a bunch of songs cut from each album. The Aussie DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP had a few tracks on it that weren't on the US version either. If ya likes Bon Scott era AC/DC you gots to check this one out, yo. The only Brian Johnson song on here is a B-side from the "Money Talks" single.

I'm kinda the same way. The live bootlegs don't interest much, with some exceptions of course. But the unreleased, demo stuff is pretty cool. Like I mentioned about GnR, I remember having tapes that were passed around amongst my buddies that had some cover tunes (Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin' Jack Flash, etc) and a bunch of demos (piano-only versions of November Rain) and other stuff that was floating around right after Appetite for Destruction hit it big. That's the sort of thing I wanna hear. I'm still searching around on that site. I just found The Beatles section today. There's about 100 cd's worth of material right there. After reading your post I checked out the Ramones section. I may be swiping something from there too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
After reading your post I checked out the Ramones section. I may be swiping something from there too.

The two Ramones comps I snagged (UNRELEASED TRACKS and MORE UNRELEASED TRACKS) are both pretty damn cool, I've been spinning them constantly the last coupla days. I don't know when those bootlegs were first released but I assume they must've come out before Rhino Records remastered the Ramones catalog because a lot of the single B-Sides and stuff on these comps ended up on those remasters as bonus tracks, so they're not "unreleased" anymore and haven't been for awhile. Laughing There are still quite a few nuggets in there that I'd never heard before, though. (The Rhino remasters only went up to 84's TOO TOUGH TO DIE album so there were a few B-sides from albums after that, which are all on this comp.) There's some live stuff, a lot of guest appearances Joey did on other bands' records (Die Toten Hosen, a duet with Holly Beth Vincent on a cover of "I Got You Babe," a song called "Gilligan" Joey sang with a band called Furious George, etc.) and some tracks by Dee Dee Ramones' solo band (Chinese Dragons), C-Jay's post-Ramones combo Los Gusanos, and Marky Ramone's Intruders. And hey, the 2nd disc even kicks off with them playing "Happy Birthday" to Mr. Burns from the Simpsons. (Joey: "We'd just like to say this gig SUCKS!" Johnny: "Yea, up yours, Springfield!" Haha!) ... I've always wanted that bit on a CD. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:33 pm

Yo, Spec... looks like there's a newly added Saga bootleg on this site. Thought you might be interested.

http://theultimatebootlegexperience.blogspot.com/2009/03/saga-2007-11-20-kammgarn-kaiserslautern.html
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yo, Spec... looks like there's a newly added Saga bootleg on this site. Thought you might be interested.

http://theultimatebootlegexperience.blogspot.com/2009/03/saga-2007-11-20-kammgarn-kaiserslautern.html

Sweet! Thanks bubba.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:16 pm

I downloaded one of the Iron Maiden shows and it sounded pretty good. It looks like most of the live stuff is taken from soundboards so they should sound decent. I have to get a new rapidshare account again so I can just download a bunch of stuff at a time. I think its only like $12 or something then you get the download manager and put the links in there and let it download. Doing it free just takes way too long haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:18 pm

I've downloaded a shitload of stuff from that site before. One of my firends is an avid Queen collector, and even he found demos and stuff he never found befire there. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:37 pm

I'm downloading a boot of early Alice in Chains stuff from TUBE right now... looks like there may be some demos from when they were still a glammy hard rock band on there. Will report back if it's any good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Check out T.U.B.E. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out T.U.B.E.   Check out T.U.B.E. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check out T.U.B.E.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: