Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Words That Hurt.

Go down 
+5
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
Phoenix Reign Drummer
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:34 am

The say there is a frequency that when it is heard by a human, it can make a man release his bowels. They refer to it as the "brown note".

There are certain words that I hate, that make me want to shit myself sometimes. I hate the words "also" & "soda". But I found a new one this weekend while watching TV.

The word is "Dunker". This word makes me want to punch someone in the mouth for some reason.
Pizza Hut has these completely gross looking chocolate things you dip in chocolate sauce and it makes me ill even typing about them. Barf

Words That Hurt. Chocolateleft_2

Am I the only weird one or are there words that really evoke a negative reaction from you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:03 am

Any corporate buzz words that my boss tries to throw into production meetings makes my skin crawl. Anytime the managers come back from big meetings, they have a whole new vocabulary that they try to impress us with.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:15 am

I hate how everyone uses "Thrown Under The Bus" in meetings. I want to kill when someone uses that phrase.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:18 am

spectrefate wrote:
I hate how everyone uses "Thrown Under The Bus" in meetings. I want to kill when someone uses that phrase.

Try throwing them under a bus.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:25 pm

I ALSO have the same feelings about some words but not about SODA. Very Happy Why do you hate the word Soda anyway?

Words I really hate are

UBER or UBER COOL. WTF does that mean?

Deviate. My supervisor uses that one a lot when we have express mail. Usually if we cant make it to someones house by 12:00 we say we cant do it and someone else will, but god forbid a sub wont make it she says...You'll have to deviate then. I always want to say and you'll have to blow me but shes nasty ugly.

Rare. Only when Im looking for a cd and find out that its RARE and costs a arm and a leg!

Out Of Print or OOP. See above and I hate when things are abbreviated.

Theres more i'll have to think...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:29 pm

That's a little OTT, PRD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:46 pm

Texting jargon irks me. I'm a cranky old man and hate anything new.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Why do you hate the word Soda anyway?

I don't know. Growing up in WV, we always just called it "Pop". I moved down south and now am forced to refer to it as "soda". It sounds foreign and unnatural to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:57 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Why do you hate the word Soda anyway?

I don't know. Growing up in WV, we always just called it "Pop". I moved down south and now am forced to refer to it as "soda". It sounds foreign and unnatural to me.

I have relatives out in western PA that call it "pop". It always sounded funny to this city-slicker.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:35 pm

I hate text speak and "guesstimate" the most. An estimate is a guess in the first place, what the fuck?!

Another one that always got me was people pronouncing the convienence store Heritage's different from the actual word heritage, when they talk about the store around here they pronounce it Heritayge's. Drives me insane. I hate buzz words too, especially when you can tell the guy using them is a dumbass in the first place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Quote :
off the hizzy fo shizzy

Words like these. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 127

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Quote :
[quote]
Yep. It's "pop" to me, but here in W. Texas it's Coke.

Waitress:

"What kind of Coke do you want?"

Patron:

"I'll take a Sprite."
Suicide

It may very well be the UNK but my least favorite word is...gunky. Apparently it's an archaic way of women describing themselves because it's how my Mom describes her High School self.

I like words with O in it and double letter like double t or double b. Gobble!!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:42 pm

spectrefate wrote:
That's a little OTT, PRD.

SODA SODA SODA!!!!... I hate when people call it POP. Its SODA! Remember that Seinfeld episode where george suggested to these people to name their kid Soda? You must've went nuts Spec.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:42 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
off the hizzy fo shizzy

Words like these. Smile

Who says stuff like that??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:38 pm

When my best friend moved down here from New Jersey He called it Soda.I thought that sounded so weird because everything here is usually called a coke.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:03 pm

Here in New Jersey we've always called it "soda." When I was a kid we visited family in Ohio and when my aunt asked my brother and I, "do you guys want some pop?" we were like "some what?"
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:12 pm

I forgot...here if they don't call it all Coke...it's Soda Water!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:35 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I forgot...here if they don't call it all Coke...it's Soda Water!

E Gad. I feel for you.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:45 am

We've come to accept our fate. Neutral
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:23 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Any corporate buzz words that my boss tries to throw into production meetings makes my skin crawl. Anytime the managers come back from big meetings, they have a whole new vocabulary that they try to impress us with.

We got a new one at today's staff meeting. "We need to follow the critical path on this project...blah,blah,blah"

Critical path? CRITICAL PATH?!!?! What the f*ck is that supposed to mean? What are we defusing nuclear warheads or something? We make video and commercials. There is nothing "critical" about it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

AMEN!! Any time I hear that corporate babble speak I feel like I'm trapped in a "Dilbert" strip.

I was at a meeting once where some higher up mucky-muck actually thanked me for "being so proactive." I wanted to lean across the table while she had her back turned and spit Skoal in her coffee.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

AMEN!! Any time I hear that corporate babble speak I feel like I'm trapped in a "Dilbert" strip.

I was at a meeting once where some higher up mucky-muck actually thanked me for "being so proactive." I wanted to lean across the table while she had her back turned and spit Skoal in her coffee.

I get that one all of the time. I do stuff just to get it done before anyone notices and bugs the shit out of me for it. Things just suddenly appear and the boss says "I just got a memo asking if we were going to do that again this season. Thanks for being pro-active on that." Sure, whatever. Pro-active my ass. I just don't want to be bothered.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:36 pm

I hate the word proactive, I work for a bank, anytime I do anything that makes sense I get credited for being proactive. I am not being proactive, I am doing it now so I have more time to post on HoM and this new board.

Working for this industry rarely is anything proactive it is more reactive, I am surprised any banks still solvent.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:52 pm

I found new word The Gooch, I thought I should invite to this board knowing that Spec is straved for intellectual conversation
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:31 pm

manny wrote:
I found new word The Gooch, I thought I should invite to this board knowing that Spec is straved for intellectual conversation

here is what i say to that manny: Nutkick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Words That Hurt. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Words That Hurt.   Words That Hurt. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Words That Hurt.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Everything Else-
Jump to: