Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Cornell sells out

Go down 
+6
detuned
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
SpectreFate
manny
10 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Chris Cornell sells out Empty
PostSubject: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:42 am

Chris Cornell formerly of Soundgarden and Audioslave, co-wrote a song for American Idol winner David Cook. What kind of bullshit is this? American Idol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to be sick, it was bad enough his newest CD was produced by Timbaland or whatever the hell his name is, but american Idol. I thought Soundgarden stood against this showbiz type of shows, what a sell out.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:44 am

I thought he sold out when he went solo out of Soundgarden. This doesn't surprise me. I haven't liked anything post Soundgarden from him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:47 am

I actually like Audioslave, and felt his first solo album was ok, but a bit dull, but writing for fabricated wanna be pop idol is crap.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:15 pm

I like some of the Audioslave stuff but my favorite is the earlier Soundgarden material.Loud Love and Badmotorfinger are great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:53 pm

Simon Cowell/American Idol has deep pockets. Every man has a price I guess. Yea, it's kinda sad, but it doesn't matter to me. I ain't buying any past, present or future American Idol cd's.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:26 pm

He already did, its called "Audioslave"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:38 pm

Yeah, I can't exactly say I was thrilled to hear about that news. It's not like he needs the money...
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 5:04 pm

This is old news. You shouldve seen this coming anyway. Look at the path he has been going since soundgarden broke up. Audioslave was good but his solo stuff is crap. Its a shame too cause his voice is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:22 am

Soundgarden was a great band! I really liked Audioslave too. Chris Cornell has such a unique voice, it's too bad he's drifting away.

The only American Idol cd I've ever bought was Daughtry's cd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:57 pm

I have a cdr of Audioslave's 1st cd. I'm a casual fan of Soundgarden at best, but I recently broke it out again and was surprised at how much I really enjoyed it. I want to get a "real" copy of that one and their other 2 as well.
Back to top Go down
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:00 pm

Audioslave is one of those groups that grows on you over time.

Honestly though, Morello needs to ditch all the friggin' effects, he's just over-used them to the point where they are redundant. He's an excellent guitarist, he doesn't need them.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:19 pm

I like Tom Morello and his guitar effects are part of his gimmick. I love the first Audioslave album and I may be commiting a sin by saying this but I liked it better than Rage Agaisnt the Machine.

Tom Morello's new project, Nightwatch I feel blows. It is a poor man's Dylan.

As far Chris Cornell the guy is got a killer voice, IMO a great songwriter, and love or hate Soundgarden made a huge impact during the 90's. It just seems writing a song for American Idol is everything they stood against in the Seattle Grunge scene. What's even worse is the song sucks.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:18 pm

I'm that rare person who doesn't slam AI.

Sure, most of the people on there are looking to peddle pure, pop pablum but some (like Daughtry) actually want to bring rock to the attention of the addled brains of pop fans.

I liked David Cook's work on AI. Most of the songs he performed were rockers.

I say give the guy a chance. His first album most likely will suck because he's contractually obligated to the show and the idiots at AI don't realize there's a market for a real rock artist.

But wait until his second album. I predict it will be good. After all, Daughtry sold a ton of albums and he finished fourth. That actually benefitted him because he had enough name recognition to sign his own deal and do what he wanted.

Cook will most likely do the same once he's free of the AI reigns.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 4:33 pm

If i was David Cook I would be happy that a talent of the caliber of Chris Cornell is writing on a song for my album, but the fact that Chris Cornell who was in a band who represented everything that AI stood against to me is amazing.

Maybe David Cook is talented I don't know, but I hated Daughtry's album it sounded like a genric middle of road rock album. The fact that it sold so many copies is more of a testament how people are hungry for rock music than how good Daughtry music is. What do the rest of you guys think?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:33 am

I like Daughtry's album but I agree it is generic. No worse than Nickelback, Three Doors Down or Creed though IMO.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 10:03 am

I've always loved Cornell's voice and his work up to and including Badmotorfinger (the next one was O.K.) and I've enjoyed some of his post-Soundgarden work.

Temple Of The Dog and his songs on the Singles soundtrack I find amazing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 3:19 pm

Quote :
Temple Of The Dog and his songs on the Singles soundtrack I find amazing.

Yea, both of those are excellent. I have one or 2 Soundgarden discs, but I wouldn't considder myself a super-fan or anything. I remember seeing them live opening up for Guns N' Roses back in the early 90's. I had no idea who they were at the time (neither did most of the audience), but I know I didn't like them. The only thing I remember saying was "These guys suck, but the lead singer has a decent voice".
I've come to appreciate them now, but at the time, they were not the right opening band for GnR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Cornell sells out   Chris Cornell sells out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Cornell sells out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: