Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever

Go down 
+5
SpectreFate
DeathCult
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Empty
PostSubject: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:14 pm

Here's the trailer for the infamous Killer Santa movie, "Silent Night, Deadly Night"... one of the '80s most notorious trash film classics... anyone else remember all the PMRC style outcry when this movie was released? Parent groups across the nation, angered by the TV commercials showing an axe wielding Santa, banded together and ran the movie out of theatres within a week. In the process, they made a cult classic out of a movie that probably would've passed through theatres pretty quickly anyway if they hadn't made such a big deal out of it.

I remember being all hopped up to rent this thing when it came out on video (summer of '86 maybe?) because of all the whoop de doo about it... the video box said "The movie THEY didn't want you to see!" on the front... when it was over I actually felt like I needed to take a shower. The whole idea of turning dear old Santa Claus into a rampaging killer was just so WRONG!!! I was glad it was the middle of summer when I watched the movie, cuz if I'd waited till the holiday season to see it, it probably would've ruined Christmas for me for life. I've seen it once or twice since then and it's aged pretty terribly, as so many '80s slashers have, but it's still worth a look just for sh*ts and giggles.

To date there have been four (!) sequels to "SNDN" (I personally have only seen "SNDN 5: The Toymaker") and rumor has it that Alexandre Aja (French horror director who did "Haute Tension" and the remake of "The Hills Have Eyes") is working on a remake of "SNDN" for the 2009 holiday season!! Does it get any better than that??
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:51 pm

Love this movie!

Punishment is necessary, it is good!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:16 am

I understand that the original SNDN was recently re-released on DVD after being out of print for many years... I may have to score a copy.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:25 am

That's a great movie.

Last years Black Christmas is pretty decent too. Definitely doesn't take itself very seriously.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:29 am

One of my favorites was an episode of Tales From The Darkside featuring a Christmas monster called The Grither. The more little children say his name, the closer he gets because he doesn't like being talked about. If you say his name enough times, he get close enough to eat you. As he's approaching, The Grither sings a song (to the tune of O Come All Ye Faithful):

"Oh, I am the Grither
You cannot escape me,
For pleading is useless
And so are your prayers

The Grither is greedy,
For only one thing,
To keep you from taking
To keep you from taking
To keep you from taking
His name in vain."

How warped is that?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:18 am

I have SNDN, great movie. Yeah Freddy, Anchor Bay restored both versions of the print and put it on a double sided DVD with the sequel. I love when he impales the chick on the deer. Plus, one of the best lines ever in a movie "31 bucks? Merry fucking christmas asshole!"

Watching it as an adult though, you kinda feel sorry for the little kid, he saw some messed up stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:18 am

tohostudios wrote:
One of my favorites was an episode of Tales From The Darkside featuring a Christmas monster called The Grither. The more little children say his name, the closer he gets because he doesn't like being talked about. If you say his name enough times, he get close enough to eat you. As he's approaching, The Grither sings a song (to the tune of O Come All Ye Faithful):

"Oh, I am the Grither
You cannot escape me,
For pleading is useless
And so are your prayers

The Grither is greedy,
For only one thing,
To keep you from taking
To keep you from taking
To keep you from taking
His name in vain."

How warped is that?

Seasons Of Belief, great episode. Im glad the parents got what they deserved in that.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:45 pm

I loved Tales From The Darkside!

Rae Dawn Chong - "You lied to me!!"
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Quote :
Rae Dawn Chong - "You lied to me!!"

...and then naked breast. Scott has a seizure from the overwhelming excitement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:58 pm

Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.

BUT...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:20 pm

I'm clueless on both these topics. I never saw Silent Night... and I'm sure I saw that Tales from the Crypt episode, but I'm drawing a blank on that one too. My pop culture radar has been taking some hits latley.

It's as if everytime I learn something new, it pushes out old knowledge. Like that time I took the wine-making course, then forgot how to drive.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Just had to throw in a Simpsons quote, eh? Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:55 pm

There are two Tales references. I don't remember Deathcult's, but I'll never forget Rae Dawn's Gargoyle part!

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:06 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Just had to throw in a Simpsons quote, eh? Smile

I put that in there for Freddy's benefit, but thanks for noticing.

And if I can de-rail this Christmas tread for just a second with a random thought that just popped into my head, I'd gotta say, even as one of the biggest fans around, The Simpsons tv show needs to be put out to pasture. I watch it every week and as soon as it's over, I say, "That's it. I'm done with this show."

The writing is terrible and they've run out of things to do with the characters.

End of thought. As you were, gentlemen.

So that Rae Dawn Chong had some nice teats, huh? Whatever happened to her?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:13 pm

In response to the attempted derailment, I agree. The Simpsons is a sad little show these days. They can't make Homer any dumber. They should have topped off their run with the movie.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:30 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
There are two Tales references. I don't remember Deathcult's, but I'll never forget Rae Dawn's Gargoyle episode!

That wasnt an episode, the Rae Dawn story was in the movie
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:11 pm

I agree about the Simpsons. I bailed on that show years ago.

Remember that episode loosely based on Pulp Fiction where we followed different characters around for a minute or two?

That episode spurred the writers into thinking about creating a spinoff show that would be about the town in general. Each week we'd see an episode about a different character. I think they should have run with that idea.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:46 am

tohostudios wrote:

BUT...

There is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit.....

A DARKSIDE.
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I agree about the Simpsons. I bailed on that show years ago.

Remember that episode loosely based on Pulp Fiction where we followed different characters around for a minute or two?

That episode spurred the writers into thinking about creating a spinoff show that would be about the town in general. Each week we'd see an episode about a different character. I think they should have run with that idea.

That's pretty much what it's become. They're always adding a new character who the episode revolves around and then is never seen again, like that Muslim kid last week.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:45 pm

DeathCult wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

BUT...

There is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit.....

A DARKSIDE.

cheers
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:35 pm

I just ordered Silent Night Deadly Night to go with the remake of Black CHristmas and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Yeah, I hate the holidays.

If only I could buy a copy of the Tales From The Darkside with The Grither without having to buy all the rest of the box set.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I just ordered Silent Night Deadly Night to go with the remake of Black CHristmas and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Yeah, I hate the holidays.

If only I could buy a copy of the Tales From The Darkside with The Grither without having to buy all the rest of the box set.

Wait til it comes on Sci Fi and record it. Its called Seasons Of Belief, comes on pretty often
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:21 am

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:32 am

Well, that works too
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 2:05 pm

The best I hate Christmas movie is The Ref.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever   Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best "I Hate the Holidays" Movie Ever
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next