Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy

Go down 
+3
SpectreFate
MetalH
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Empty
PostSubject: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:43 pm

I was Christmas shopping last night and I managed to sneak away from the wife and pop into FYE for a minute. I saw this double-disc in the used bins for $10 bucks. I didn't get it because I was with the old lady and she'd have a fit if I was buying more music (especially this close to Christmas) when I was supposed to be shopping for others. And I'm what you would call a casual fan of Helloween. I have 4 or 5 discs that I like well enough, but I have lotsa holes in my discography. Anyway, is it worth going back for? $9.99 seemd like a decent price for 2 cd's.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:59 pm

I would definitely go back and get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:04 pm

On the other hand, I had it and hated it. But I'm a Helloween with Kai Hansen/Michael Kiske kind of guy. The new stuff (the last 15 years worth) sounds weird to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:49 pm

spectrefate wrote:
On the other hand, I had it and hated it. But I'm a Helloween with Kai Hansen/Michael Kiske kind of guy. The new stuff (the last 15 years worth) sounds weird to me.

See, other than The Best, The Rest & The Rare all the other stuff I have is Deris-era, so I have no problem with him or the bands style. I just want to make sure it's not another Pink Bubbles clunker.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Quote :
another Pink Bubbles clunker

That it is not. Pick that baby up errrr.....ummmm, baby!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:28 pm

I don't listen to it much, but for that price I'd get it. Good album, just not quite as good as Parts I or II.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:58 pm

Duh you should have picked that up! If your wife has something to say just let me talk to her i'll tell her how it is. LMAO! j/k yea get it. Its definetly good. If you like the Deris Helloween era then you'll like it no problem. The whole double cd thing though was kind of stupid cause the songs really fit on one cd, but they just did that because they wanted it to feel like an epic album I guess and thats how Keepers 1 and 2 was suppose to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:33 am

Quote :
Duh you should have picked that up! If your wife has something to say just let me talk to her i'll tell her how it is. LMAO!

Brave words from an un-married man! Laughing

I need to go back to the mall this weekend anyhow, so if it's still there, I'll get it. We finally got our Christmas bonuses today. Cha-ching!
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:37 am

haha...Im just tired of these woman telling us guys what we need and dont need. do they need all their lotions and shampoos and lipsticks and chapsticks the list really goes on and on.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
haha...Im just tired of these woman telling us guys what we need and dont need. do they need all their lotions and shampoos and lipsticks and chapsticks the list really goes on and on.

To put it simply, yes.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Well theres all types. some do, some dont and some no matter how much they have still never smell or look good so you can never win.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:14 pm

Quote :
you can never win.

Now you got it. Wink
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:58 pm

Doh!! I went back to the mall tonight and it was gone. Ah well, I'm probably better off keeping the extra 10 spot in my pocket. That's at least 2 or 3 beers at the pub. Or 15 if I'm drinking PBR.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:31 pm

ah... maaaaaaan that sucks. oh well im sure you'll come across another one eventually.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 3:42 pm

spectrefate wrote:

I'm the same way, I only have the 80's material except for The Best, The Rest, And The Rare
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Sworn to Avenge
Sworn to Avenge
the sentinel

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:20 pm

I grabbed the same one a few weeks ago and, like spec, was always a Kiske Helloween fan as opposed to a Deris fronted elloween fan. I am spinning it right now for the first time and really love it. I am on disc 2, song Occasion Avenue and want to hear more. In my opine, pretty progressive for Helloween. But that's fine with me. Anyone who knows me from HoM knows I am not a genre Nazi. Peace.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:21 am

the sentinel wrote:
I grabbed the same one a few weeks ago and, like spec, was always a Kiske Helloween fan as opposed to a Deris fronted elloween fan. I am spinning it right now for the first time and really love it. I am on disc 2, song Occasion Avenue and want to hear more. In my opine, pretty progressive for Helloween. But that's fine with me. Anyone who knows me from HoM knows I am not a genre Nazi. Peace.

Hey David, welcome to the board!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy   Helloween- Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: