Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Machine Head

Go down 
+3
Phoenix Reign Drummer
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:50 pm

I'm listening to their 1st release Burn My Eyes, which I understand is their most popular. I've only heard a few songs from The Blackening and not too familiar with the stuff in between. I like Burn... very much, but I heard they went into a nu-metal style for awhile. Is that a valid observation? Are their other releases worth picking up?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:33 pm

The only one I really liked was Burn My Eyes, so IMO, youve got the only one you need Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:24 pm

Well dont listen to the guy above me he must be smoking crack!

Burn My Eyes is a great album just about all the way through. The second album The More Things Changes is pretty much the same and just as good. Then came The Burning Red, and Super Head Charger. Burning Red was ok but it was the start of a nu-metalish style but the songs were good. Super Head Charger was just bad all around. Then they got their crap together and put out Through The Ashes Of Empire which brought them back to their original style and sound and is also a great album. The Blackening.... Just go get it! They have one out now with extras so look around for that one. You wont be disappointed.

I can make you a mix cd if you want. let me know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:41 pm

Machine Head? Unless you're talking about the Deep Purple album of the same name, me no likee.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:12 pm

DeathCult wrote:
The only one I really liked was Burn My Eyes, so IMO, youve got the only one you need Very Happy

I agree. Used to own THE BURNING RED, and it wasn't all that good imo. BURN MY EYES however, is outstanding! Almost rivals Pantera's COWBOYS FROM HELL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm watching Machine Head live right now and I'm not overly impressed. What I'm hearing is ok, but I don't know that I need to hear any more. Maybe if I find 'em cheap in the used shops.
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Machine Head? Unless you're talking about the Deep Purple album of the same name, me no likee.

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:22 pm

ugh.... Im telling you pick up The Blackening and Through The Ashes Of Empire and you wont be sorry. Smack
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:05 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
ugh.... Im telling you pick up The Blackening and Through The Ashes Of Empire and you wont be sorry. Smack

I had THE BLACKENING and traded it off... gave it a good try but they're just too WOOOOARRRRRRGH for me.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:05 am

haha they are a little WOOOARRRRRRGH but thats their thing. I dunno. I listened to them since they first came out and they only disapointed me once.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Bret Michaels Fan
Bret Michaels Fan
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:10 pm

Burn My Eyes and The More Things Change are killer cds and huge recommendations from me. I also though Supercharger def had its moments and did The Burning Red. TTAE and The Blackening were more trend hoppers but both are great listens.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:17 am

I may be seeing Machine Head this Saturday (opening for Metallica) so I'll give'em another shot. It all depends on what time we get to the arena. What little I've heard of'em over the years hasn't been my thang tho.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:00 pm

Caught MH opening for Metallica on Saturday night. Fun to watch but nothing I'd put on the stereo at home. They were nice enough to play the one song of theirs I do like ("Imperium") and also did a sloppy cover of Iron Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name." Robb Flynn looked like he was having the time of his life though. "Dude, I'm opening for f**kin Metallica at an Enormo-Dome! If I die right after the show I'd still be satisfied!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Machine Head Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machine Head   Machine Head Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Machine Head
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: