Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Listening to the Radio

Go down 
+6
MetalH
Phoenix Reign Drummer
DeathCult
Rapscallion
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Listening to the Radio Empty
PostSubject: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:02 am

Saturday night, I went over to my buddy's to play cards. He had the local rock radio station on. I haven't listened to regular commercial radio in a few years now. Now aside from the stuff that I knew, Van Halen, GnR, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, etc. there was absolutely nothing "new" (within the last year or 2) that perked up my ears at all or made me say, "Wow, who's that? I need to hear more of this". Modern rock radio is so friggin' bland and lifeless.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:06 am

I haven't actively listened to the radio since the early 90s. Radio sucks, especially in the NY/NJ metro area. I have the local AM news station pre-set in my car so I can hear the headlines on the way to work before I put on a CD, and also so I can listen to Yankee games during baseball season. Other than that, screw it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 am

It's just so dissapointing to listen to rock radio for nearly 4 hours straight and not hear one song that either a.) hasn't been played to death or b.) is so boring and uninteresting that it's just white noise in the background.
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:24 pm

The only newer band I've heard on the radio recently I've really liked was Sevendust.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Yeah, some of the rock ones here will play cool stuff. But none of its obscure, just the same 5 or 6 popular songs theyve had on for years. There's one DJ that seems to have a serious hard on for the suckfest that is The Unforgiven. Christ, he plays it more than pop ones play Dancing Queen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Whats radio? Oh is that the thing I use to tune in a station to listen to my ipod?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 8:44 pm

I don't bother with the radio any more. I've been listening to nothing but King's X the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:41 am

I listen to commercial radio all the time, and I actually enjoy it. At work it is sometimes essential to have some sort of protection for the ears, and headphones with a radio on them works well. Mind you, I do have to turn it off when they play some absolute crap.

My wife got a cool digital radio for Christmas, and it can also play internet radio. So I have searched out a crapload of metal stations (a.o. an all thrash metal station out of Russia!!), and it is a blast to listen to!
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:34 pm

I haven't listened to the radio (except the occasional public radio jazz programs) since the mid-80's. I would rather drive in complete silence than listen to the radio.

I'm fully aware that music has passed me by, but I can live with that. As I've said before, the only new bands I like are ones that sound like they came out in the 70's or early 80's.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:19 pm

detuned wrote:

I'm fully aware that music has passed me by, but I can live with that.

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:31 am

Only time I listen to the radio is in my car and then I spend most of my time searching for god knows what, the metal station over here plays the same crap over and over, the alternative, 80's, and classic rock stations ditto, radio is boring and unadventureous, if I had satellite radio I would probably not mind listening to the radio.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:46 am

The only time I listen to the radio is to listen to Bubba The Love Sponge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
The only time I listen to the radio is to listen to Bubba The Love Sponge.

I listen to him on occasion. Didn't like him at first, but he's grown on me a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listening to the Radio   Listening to the Radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Listening to the Radio
Page 1 of 1