Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spongebob Must Be Stopped

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
manny
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Spongebob Must Be Stopped Empty
PostSubject: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:49 am

Spongebob Must Be Stopped 612~SpongeBob-SquarePants-Posters

You guys without kids probably don't notice these things, but I estimate that this fuckin guy is on TV at least SEVENTEEN HOURS A DAY between constant airings on Nickelodeon and its sister channel Nicktoons...

My son and niece have been watching this little yellow bastard practically non-stop since yesterday. He was funny for a while but after fifty seven episodes in a row, he's just gotta die.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:51 am

I can honestly say I've never seen the show even one time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:55 am

tohostudios wrote:
I can honestly say I've never seen the show even one time.

You, sir, are a very fortunate man.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:01 am

My daughter must watch at least one hour of Spongebob everyday.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:02 am

I feel your pain Freddy.My 4 yr old watches him all the time.I hate those marathons they run on Nick.Who needs a 12 hr run of Spongebob?Not me,thats who.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:03 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I feel your pain Freddy.My 4 yr old watches him all the time.I hate those marathons they run on Nick.Who needs a 12 hr run of Spongebob?Not me,thats who.

Preach it brotha!!

Though I have to admit, the big rock-n-roll musical number at the end of the Spongebob movie (the "Goofy Goober Song," set to the tune of Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock" still cracks me up no matter how many times I see it (and I've seen it a LOT)

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:07 am

Thats about the only redeeming quality the show has.

Theres another song he was doing too but I cant remember what it was.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:12 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

The big "stadium rock" number, right? I forget the name of it but I remember the episode. I believe the guy doing the singing in that one was David Glen Eisley of Giuffria.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

The big "stadium rock" number, right? I forget the name of it but I remember the episode. I believe the guy doing the singing in that one was David Glen Eisley of Giuffria.

Did they do that to tune of 'In A Gadda Da Vida"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:17 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Did they do that to tune of 'In A Gadda Da Vida"

I don't remember now but believe me, with all these young'ins runnin around here I'll probably end up seeing that particular episode again sometime over the next couple of days, if so, I'll report back...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:43 pm

Spongebob I can take. I'm going to throttle Elmo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Spongebob I can take. I'm going to throttle Elmo.

Thankfully neither of my kids have ever shown much interest in Elmo. The older one went thru a brief Barney phase (thank Gawd that didn't last) when he was very little, then moved on to Bob the Builder and Thomas the Tank Engine. Now it's all Spongebob, all the time, with occasional doses of "iCarly" (I think he's got a crush on the girl who plays Carly, tho he won't admit it -- haha).

For their educational TV fix, I let'em watch "Dirty Jobs" on the Discovery Channel. I figure, with the way the economy's going into the tank, someday the only employment options open to future generations will be Whale Autopsy Technician, Roadkill Collector, etc., etc, so they'd better be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Yeah my daughter went through her Elmo phase.Now its mostly Spongebob,Curious George,Cars(which isnt a bad movie by the way).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Yeah my daughter went through her Elmo phase.Now its mostly Spongebob,Curious George,Cars(which isnt a bad movie by the way).

Oh yea, we took the kids to see "Cars" in the theatre when it came out. It was my son's first time in a theatre, he was about three and a half. Blew his mind!! Of course we had to get the DVD as soon as it was released, I have lost count of how many times we've seen that thing. Thank God I liked it (and much of the other Pixar stuff).

The kids watch "Curious George" every morning while they eat breakfast. My lil' guy sleeps with a stuffed George. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:11 pm

I like the old episodes. The new ones are kinda hit and miss.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:39 pm

My problem with that little shit Elmo is that he's EVERYWHERE. Anything even remotely related to Sesame Street has Elmo plastered all over it. I think he's one of the few "safe" characters that Sesame Street can promote without some parent getting their panties in a twist over some made up controversy. Bert & Ernie? 2 grown men living together? Gay, bad role models. Cookie Monster? Glutton, bad role model. The Count? Promotes vampirism and the occult. Big Bird? Should have just named him Enormous Genitals.

My mother-in-law got the kids a Tickle Me Elmo and my daughter is terrified of it. Other than that, my kids are too little still to get attached to certain charaters just yet.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:36 pm

I still think Spongebob is pretty funny, but theres no way I can watch that many episodes in a row.

On another note, I cant stand elmo. But when I was a kid I loved the cookie monster, Id much rather have my children love cookies than be a furry efeminent weirdo.

Last edited by DeathCult on Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:14 pm

My son was watching "Spongebob" again tonight and in one episode the guest voices were Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed! Gene was some sort of undersea ogre and Shannon was a female fish who argued with Plankton.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:09 pm

I have never been able to get through a whole episode of sponge bob. It's just so mindnumbing.... I can't take it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 8:34 pm

A couple of things that have always bugged me about Spongebob...

...Spongebob's boss, Mr. Krabs, has a daughter named "Pearl." Pearl is a whale, yet Mr. Krabs is (quite obviously) a crab... so was Pearl adopted? For that matter, where the hell is Mrs. Krabs? We've seen Mr. Krabs' Mom in the show but to the best of my knowledge, we've never seen the mother of Pearl (nyuk nyuk) nor has she ever been mentioned.

Squidward only has six legs. He's a squid. He should have at least eight legs. Some species have as many as ten. But six? Nuh-uh.

The denizens of Bikini Bottom drive around in boats, which I guess would kinda make sense since the show's set in the ocean. However, these "boats" have tires and travel on roads at the bottom like cars.

... things catch on fire, explode, etc. quite frequently in Spongebob episodes. Do the writers conveniently forget that the show takes place UNDER WATER??

Seriously, how much crack do the writers of this show smoke??

I know, I know... "take a chill pill Freddy, it's only a cartoon show" -- -but man, when you see as many of these episodes as I have, these questions just start digging at the back of your mind after a while...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:31 am

It's 7:30 AM and guess who's on TV?

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!
Back to top Go down
RepulseOblivion
Bride of the Monster
Bride of the Monster
RepulseOblivion

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Spongebob Must Be Stopped Spongebob
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:12 pm

So yea, it was a rainy Sunday, so my son watched his share of Spongebob... arrrgh.
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Although I do enjoy the occasional episode, I agree, he's on way too much. Not to mention that 80% of the episodes made in the past 4 years are complete shit.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 3:58 pm

I would venture to say that 100% of the episodes made are complete shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spongebob Must Be Stopped   Spongebob Must Be Stopped Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spongebob Must Be Stopped
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Everything Else-
Jump to: