Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-10-13

IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain! Empty
PostSubject: IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain!   IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:17 am

Back in the 80's Iron Maiden was my favorite band...I was one of those geeky fanatics that owned every album, tons of t-shirts, Eddie posters on the wall, Iron Maiden patches on my jacket...you get the idea.

Of course time has a way of making us move on. By the time Fear of the Dark came out I was tired of them, felt like they had run their course, etc. While I still had nostalgic feelings toward their albums I never really listened to any.

This past weekend I found a copy of Somewhere In Time for .99 cents at Half Price Books and decided what the hell. The next thing I know I'm dancing around the apartment like it's 1986, caught up in full Maiden glory. Maybe sometimes a long break is required from a band (over a decade for me)...because all of a sudden they sound fresh as newly mown grass.

I think it's time to go get a denim jacket, some Maiden patches and start growing my hair back out....
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain!   IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:19 pm

detuned wrote:

I think it's time to go get a denim jacket, some Maiden patches and start growing my hair back out....

Be sure to post pictures when you're done with that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain!   IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:17 pm

I know exactly what you're talking about. I recently had the same experience with Aerosmith. Back in high school, when I was getting my 1st taste of "heavy" music, I went on an Aerosmith bender. Permanent Vacation was new at the time and I went out and tracked down every Aerosmith tape I could find (and afford). All the classics. Listened to them back & forth, wore out tapes, etc. Eventually upgraded to cd and loved every bit of it. Then one day, it just stopped. I guess I just got a little burned out and was discovering newer and heavier music, so aside from the occasional listen, most of the old Aerosmith sat in the racks.

Fast forward to about a month ago when I decided to rip most of my Aerosmith collection to my computer, which I could then transfer to the mp3 player. I've been jamming to them ever since everytime I put the ear buds in. It's like getting back in touch with an old friend and picking up right where you left off. And they sound just as great today as they did back in the day. Joe F'n Perry is the man!
Back to top Go down
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain!   IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:29 am

From my experience, only music you get into during the teenage years seems to have that type of lasting appeal.

Same thing happened to me with Pink Floyd recently. I didn't listen to them for over a decade...then all of a sudden...I HAD TO LISTEN TO FLOYD! Now I like all of it again.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain!   IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:32 pm

I get on "kicks" like that about certain bands too, where I'll suddenly want to listen to stuff by one band and nuthin' but that one band for a couple of days straight. Frequent "bender" bands for me are Warrior Soul, the Ramones, Maiden and Priest. I just came off of a pretty decent W.A.S.P. bender that lasted almost a week, and the week before that it was all-KISS, all the time for a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain!   IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:04 pm

I did the same thing with Dickinson era Maiden actually, just recently got back into it myself.

Except, I never got rid of my denim Iron Maiden jacket Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain!   IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRON MAIDEN has infected my brain!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: