Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

X Sinner - World Covered in Blood

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-13

X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Empty
PostSubject: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:15 pm

does anyone have an acutal release date for this thing? Aside from having one of the most obnoxious websites out there they still dont have a release date on this but are taking pre-orders?? I refuse to pre-order it without knowing when it is supposed to come out....

Alex
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:36 pm

I didnt even know they were still around. Ive only ever had "Get It"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:44 pm

That thing has become the Christian rock version of CHINESE DEMOCRACY. Supposedly the CDs are "in manufacturing" but their web site's been saying that for months now. I ain't pre-ordering a damn thing... I'll wait till I see the actual CDs somewhere...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That thing has become the Christian rock version of CHINESE DEMOCRACY. Supposedly the CDs are "in manufacturing" but their web site's been saying that for months now. I ain't pre-ordering a damn thing... I'll wait till I see the actual CDs somewhere...

lol!

i agree 100%. I am not giving any money until they actully have them in stock to sell...

Alex
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:31 am

DeathCult wrote:
I didnt even know they were still around. Ive only ever had "Get It"

This album will be their first all-new one since PEACE TREATY (from 1991)... they've released an odds-and-ends/rarities/demos disc called LOUD & PROUD and a re-recorded version of PEACE TREATY called FIRE IT UP over the past couple of years though.

They also released a CD by their "side project," The Angry Einsteins, which nobody appears to like except me. It sounds nothing like X-Sinner, it's kinda got a Kings X/Soul Asylum vibe to it.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:34 pm

Id have to listen to them again to decide if I even still like em, its been awhile since Ive heard any of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:50 pm

i liked their re-do of 'Fire It Up'. They seem like they can still rock. I dont just want to get mixed up in a once dead like when is it coming out because i pre-ordered it mess...

Alex
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:23 pm

I'm not sure if the actual CDs of the new album are available yet, but it has leaked out to the "blog" scene so I checked it out... and it turned out to be a quick "download, listen, and delete" for me...sadly, it was pretty disappointing... the recording is cheap, the songs are bland, and Rex Scott's vocals are terrible. He's got two vocal modes on this disc: either he's trying to hit high notes that he can no longer do at his age, or he's going for that down-n-dirty "sleaze rock" growl that just sounds forced. It's like he's doing a bad impression of that phlegm-y snarling guy from Dirty Looks, whatever the hell his name is.

All I can say is Buyer Beware, on this one, cuz if this is the best that they could come up with after 17 years (!) of inactivity, then they probably should've stayed retired.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm not sure if the actual CDs of the new album are available yet, but it has leaked out to the "blog" scene so I checked it out... and it turned out to be a quick "download, listen, and delete" for me...sadly, it was pretty disappointing... the recording is cheap, the songs are bland, and Rex Scott's vocals are terrible. He's got two vocal modes on this disc: either he's trying to hit high notes that he can no longer do at his age, or he's going for that down-n-dirty "sleaze rock" growl that just sounds forced. It's like he's doing a bad impression of that phlegm-y snarling guy from Dirty Looks, whatever the hell his name is.

All I can say is Buyer Beware, on this one, cuz if this is the best that they could come up with after 17 years (!) of inactivity, then they probably should've stayed retired.

wow. now i am having second thoughts about getting this...

Alex
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 6:53 am

exact33 wrote:

wow. now i am having second thoughts about getting this...

Alex

Sorry dude! Seriously, if I were you I would find a way to give this a listen before you drop any coin on it, to see if it's up your alley... it certainly wasn't up mine...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:46 pm

i think what i am most concerned about is the production. I listened to the songs and figured they were low level mp3s but if the actual stuff is that cheap then it aint worth the $14...

Alex
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:32 am

I'd say you can safely avoid this one, Alex.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:26 pm

well i got it coming for $11 including s/h. If nothing else I will have all the x sinner cds...

Alex
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Lemme know what you think when you get it. I thought it was pretty wretched. I actually preferred the ANGRY EINSTEINS release.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lemme know what you think when you get it. I thought it was pretty wretched. I actually preferred the ANGRY EINSTEINS release.

i really need to go back and listen to that again. I have been listening to their Fire It Up cd which was pretty decent...

Alex
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:18 pm

I never heard of these guys. Judging from these few posts, their new stuff is under-whelming. How's the older material?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 2:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I never heard of these guys. Judging from these few posts, their new stuff is under-whelming. How's the older material?

If you like AC/DC, older Def Leppard, Kix, Dirty Looks, etc., they're a fun listen. There's absolutely nothing original about them but they wrote good catchy hard rock songs. My fave album would be their debut, GET IT. The singer on that one was a pretty blatant clone of Brian Johnson but it still works despite the complete and total clone-zone feel of it.

That guy was replaced by Rex Scott (ex-Zion) on the second album PEACE TREATY and he was a less gruff vocalist, with more of a Kevin DuBrow sort of feel. That's a good album too, though not as much fun as GET IT.

Since then they've released one odds-and-ends/rarities/demos album (LOUD AND PROUD), one power pop 90s rock side project (ANGRY EINSTEINS) and a re-recorded version of the PEACE TREATY album (FIRE IT UP). Now there's a new album, which as you read, I didn't think much of at all.

So there's not a lot of material to choose from, but from what's out there I'd recommend the first two albums the most.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Meh, back in the day I might have been all over this, but these days, not so much. While I sometimes think I'm stretching my bounds on my taste in music, I'm also getting more selective about the stuff I buy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:53 pm

So hey, Alex, didja get the CD yet? Have ya listened to it yet? Whatcha think? Huh huh huh?
Back to top Go down
samthebrutal
Sam The Poodle
Sam The Poodle
samthebrutal

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:26 pm

I thought these dudes had dropped off the face off the face of the planet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X Sinner - World Covered in Blood   X Sinner - World Covered in Blood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X Sinner - World Covered in Blood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: