Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus

Go down 
+3
scottmitchell74
Phoenix Reign Drummer
exact33
7 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Empty
PostSubject: Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus   Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:38 pm

so the new Edguy cd is due out soon and I am on the fence on this one. It seems they have gone all hard rock on us. It seems the power metal stuff is gone. I am torn cause i really like Tobias' vocals and he sounds great but the music.. Its like part 2 of Avantasia The scarecrow. I liked THe Scarecrow but I had loftier expectations for Edguy. Their supposed to be metal. I have not been a big fan of their last couple albums (although the Superheroes EP and Lavatory Love Machine EPs were awesome) which has me wondering if this band has gone way past their prime...

The link to the new vid in case you havent heard: Ministry of Saints

Alex
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus   Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:42 pm

Yea I dont know. Im going to pick it up regardless because they are a great band. BTW theres a couple different versions of the new album. one jewel case another one is a digipack with a bonus live dvd and then theres another one that comes in a tin case through nuclear blast. I dont really care for the new song but I really didnt give it a listen because I just rather wait for the album. I dont mind if they are going far from their power metal days cause they have changed a little with each album which is good because atleast its not a huge surprise. That video is also only one song and I think there a some more power metalish type edguy stuff. So dont let that one song get you down. Im sure this album is going to kick ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus   Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 pm

I like the song! I'll have to get this one!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus   Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:43 pm

I'll be getting it but I'm not expecting anything remotely as mindblowing as "Mandrake"
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus   Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 5:59 pm

Never listened to these guys, the name always kept me away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus   Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:02 pm

Never listened to this guys either, I think their name sucks, but I am about to hear them for the first time when I listen to disc 6 of Phoenix's comp swap
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus   Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:06 pm

Wow you guys need to check them out. Well Manny I got you covered DC dont let the stupid name fool you they are good. They got the name from their teacher they had in high school they used to call him EDGUY and for some reason they thought that would be a cool name for a band haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus   Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:26 am

I agree that their name is stupid, but I like their older material. I kinda lost interest in them after that last album. The new tune sounds ok, but I'm not going out of my way to get the new cd. Too much other stuff that takes priority.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus   Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 am

That song is ok, but it gives off the distinct feel of Ive heard it before, nothing new.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus   Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edguy - Tinnitus Sanctus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: