Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alice Cooper

Go down 
+5
MetalH
Thrasher73
exact33
Phoenix Reign Drummer
manny
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:12 pm

I am huge Alice Cooper fan I love all of his/band's albums I even like his weird 80-83 new wave meets metal period. But I feel that out of all the pioneers of metal Alice does not get enough respect.

Why in the hell is Alice not in the rock n roll hall of fame, why do pinhead critics refuse to acknowledge Alice's contrubition to rock music, Alice inspired KISS. The New York Dolls. Johnny Rotten auditioned for the Sex pistols by singing an Alice Cooper song.

Alice is also a great songwriter and IMO one of the most under rated lyricist in rock history. Lately some critics and rockumentaries when they speak of birth of heavy metal, Alice is mentioned but that wasn't always the case.

I also feel that the rest of the original Alice Cooper band are vastly underrated, Glen Buxton was a great guitartist, Michael Bruce is a great songwriting partner for Alice, Dennis Dunaway and Neal Smith were a killer rhythm section, anyway I am done with my rant, but please remember the Coop.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:40 pm

I think Alice is great! I didnt really get into him until about 2 years ago. I was always a fan of his more popular songs and then I finally decided to start getting is albums. Im glad I did too because he wrote a lot of great stuff. Some things were corney and some I just skip but overall he started the whole shock rock/horror rock/metal thing like KISS, KING DIAMOND, WHITE ZOMBIE etc...
I dont know why he isnt in the HALL OF FAME. I thought he would be there. Thats the same with a lot of bands that we all consider genre starters or ground breaking bands. Whoever runs that thing just needs to wake up. Im sure there are tons of bands in there that shouldnt even be there. Im sure Alice will have his time. Maybe at the end of his career. Im surprised hes still going. How many more albums could he possibly do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:11 am

Alice gets no respect imho because people only remember him for a couple of songs. I think a lot of people think he disappeared in the 80s until trash came out. This ignores a lot of the good stuff he did. I think the RR HOF is more a popularity contest sometimes...
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:13 pm

That may true since most of his 80's output was not commerically successful. Trash which was his most successful album since his 80's heyday IMO is the worst album of his career.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:46 pm

I Love Alice.Hes not only a great musician but a great person as well.I really admire him in a lot of ways.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 4:19 pm

manny wrote:
That may true since most of his 80's output was not commerically successful. Trash which was his most successful album since his 80's heyday IMO is the worst album of his career.

I agree that commercially it was not a success it was good music (well most of it) so getting into the RR HOF really becomes being a commercial success. I am not sure that is the greatest criteria since AC has done so much to influence so many.

Alex
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:32 pm

I'm a big fan. I own Brutal Planet, Dragontown, The Eyes Of Alice Cooper, and Welcome To My Nightmare. Ok, so that's mostly new stuff.... But come on. Brutal Planet is one hell of an album. I'm spinning it right now. Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:04 pm

MetalH wrote:
I'm a big fan. I own Brutal Planet, Dragontown, The Eyes Of Alice Cooper, and Welcome To My Nightmare. Ok, so that's mostly new stuff.... But come on. Brutal Planet is one hell of an album. I'm spinning it right now. Great stuff!

Brutal Planet is an excellent album, I like every song on that album even the ballad "Take it Like A woman' (I am at work so I hope I got the title correct). Alice is a great songwriter, even Bob Dylan has been quoted as stating Alice Cooper is an under rated lyricist.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 8:36 pm

manny wrote:
MetalH wrote:

Brutal Planet is an excellent album, I like every song on that album even the ballad "Take it Like A woman' (I am at work so I hope I got the title correct). Alice is a great songwriter, even Bob Dylan has been quoted as stating Alice Cooper is an under rated lyricist.

he sure is! Who else could have written DaDa and I love America??
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:27 pm

I've loved a lot of his eighties, ninties and now output, but the seventies matierial was sketchy to me. A lot of good songs, but a lot of snoozers as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:32 pm

I've been listening to Dragontown non-stop the last couple days. Great album!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:44 pm

I like Brutal Planet a little better but Dragontown also kicks serious boo-tay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:10 pm

I like alot of those lost 70's albums like " From the Inside" and "Alice Cooper Goes to Hell" . My least favorite Alice album is from the 70's " Lace and Whisky" but even that has got some great moments.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:13 pm

I love Lace and Whiskey. Smile My least favorite 70's album is Muscle of Love. The Band sounds very tired and uninspired on that one, IMO.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:18 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I love Lace and Whiskey. Smile My least favorite 70's album is Muscle of Love. The Band sounds very tired and uninspired on that one, IMO.

I have this book written by Bob Greene about that tour, entitled Billion Dollar Babies, it was clear that those 5 guys needed a break from each other. They are jealous that Alice is getting the lion's share of the press attention, Glen Buxton is such a mess that the band isn't even speaking to him, but theres no indication at the end of the book that band will disbanded.

" Lace and Whiskey" is my least favorite album, but I am such an Alice fanboy I can't bring myself to dislike it and even like a majority of the songs.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:38 pm

I like dirty Diamonds a lot. the 70s stuff is still the best but DD rocks!!

Alex
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:44 am

I really need to pick that up along with the new one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:07 pm

MetalH wrote:
I really need to pick that up along with the new one.

i got along came a spider for 1 cd credit and $.49 from swapacd...

Alex
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm planning on picking up at least Dirty Diamonds and Along Came a Spider today... Maybe a couple more if I can find the ones I want.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:33 pm

I love Alice Cooper. Everytime he switched up his styles he did it good IMO, theres a few albums not exactly at the top of my list, but none of its terrible, he doesnt get enough respect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:37 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I love Alice Cooper. Everytime he switched up his styles he did it good IMO, theres a few albums not exactly at the top of my list, but none of its terrible, he doesnt get enough respect.

i think that is the best description of him. He really does have a knack of doing whatever he is doing at the time well. He has some clunkers but over the course of a career like his there are bound to be some. I am loving some of his 2nd tier songs right now like I love America, Saga of Jesse Jane, He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask), Inmates (We're All Crazy)....

Alex
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:07 pm

I like I Love America Alot, but could never understand how DaDa is considered the best of his new wavey albums
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:11 pm

I think Flush the Fashion is his best of 80's "new wave" albums.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 10:23 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I think Flush the Fashion is his best of 80's "new wave" albums.

My favorite has always been Special Forces
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:15 pm

My favorite of that new wave period is also " Special Forces", how can you not love any album with song titles like " Pretties Cop on The Block" and " Don't Talk Old to Me"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alice Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper   Alice Cooper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: