Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer) Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer)   R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:28 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109888

LOUDNESS Drummer MUNETAKA HIGUCHI Dead At 49 - Nov. 30, 2008
WeROCK City has informed BLABBERMOUTH.NET that drummer Munetaka Higuchi of veteran Japanese metallers LOUDNESS passed away today (Sunday, November 30) around 10:00 a.m. (Japan Standard Time) at a hospital in Osaka, Japan. He was 49 years old.

Higuchi was diagnosed with liver cancer (Hepatocellular Carcinoma) in April 2008. He had reportedly undergone two rounds of chemotherapy treatment and an operation to remove part of his liver.

In an October 18, 2008 statement released via the band's official web site, Munetaka wrote about his condition (translated from Japanese), "It has been half a year since I was diagnosed with liver cancer. I am really sorry that the fans are worried. The cancer has become worse despite the fact that I have been taking care of my health, and I will need more time for my treatment. [Even after undergoing the] big operation to remove half of my liver, I still need more treatment. There are various risks and dangers involved
with my condition, but I'll do my best to keep my spirits up and maintain my physical strength to fight this illness. I know it is still the middle of my treatment, but I just wanted inform you about my progress since the operation. Thank you very much for all the support."

LOUDNESS utilized a session drummer — Kozo Suganuma, a member of one of the most popular fusion bands in Japan, FRAGILE, and a former member of DED CHAPLIN (featuring LOUDNESS singer Minoru Niihara) — for its "special guest" appearance at MÖTLEY CRÜE's October 26, 2008 concert at Saitama Super Arena.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer)   R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:44 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer)   R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:13 pm

This blows. Another great talent killed by cancer. Yet Ozzy still draws breath.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer)   R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:14 pm

That really sucks, cancer needs to piss off already
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer)   R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Munetaka Higuchi (LOUDNESS drummer)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: