Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Musicians?

Go down 
+8
Fat Freddy
manny
Phoenix Reign Drummer
kmorg
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
SpectreFate
detuned
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Musicians? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians?   Musicians? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
detuned wrote:
Interesting to see double-bass drum sets still, I would say that 95% of the bands that I go see these days use a double-kick pedal on a single bass drum.

But I bet you never see any bands have 2 bass drums and just use a double kick pedal have ya? Well guess who does that?......give up?...ME! lol! Sometimes the places I play in dont have two mics so I always bring my double kick just in case. I have seperate pedals too just in case. I always feel more comfortable with 2 seperate pedals. If were playing a decent show I always bring both bass drums just cause it looks cool and also cause im more comfortable with the set up. When we play crap shows I bring minimal stuff. One time I forgot to bring the poles that hold up my toms so all I had was my snare, kick drum and floor tom and 4 cymbals. That was funny.

What always amazes me are drummers that just flat out RIP with minimal gear.
Jerry Gaskill from King's X uses a 5 piece kit (kick, snare, 1 tom, 2 floor toms, double-kick pedal).
Den Kenzel from High On Fire uses a 4 piece kit (kick, snare, 1 tom, 1 floor tom, double-kick pedal).
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Musicians?   Musicians? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Oh yea some of them are great. they make those little kits sound twice the size. Dave Grohl used to be an animal on the drums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Musicians?   Musicians? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:52 pm

does a recorder count Smile

Alex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musicians?   Musicians? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musicians?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Music (All Types)-
Jump to: