Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is your line of work?

Go down 
+9
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
SpectreFate
detuned
DeathCult
exact33
MetalH
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-13

What is your line of work? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:19 pm

manny wrote:
I work for fortune 500 company and one of few banks in good financal shape. I work on what they call migration projects where I move clients from one platform to another, train them on the new platforms, and help create the user and superadmin IDs for each user. I also do a bunch of other crap but mostly I answer random threads on the Heart of Metal board.

if your bank colors are red white and blue you and I can no longer talk Smile

Alex
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:35 pm

I sell windows, doors, kitchen cabinets, hardware, etc for a very small local company.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I sell windows, doors, kitchen cabinets, hardware, etc for a very small local company.

Day trading didnt work out eh Spare?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:53 pm

LOL I wish.... Up 900 points today, I could have made a killing! lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
LOL I wish.... Up 900 points today, I could have made a killing! lol!

uhhh you forgot the other 3000+ points that it still seems to be down.. now i see why your daytrading career didnt last long...

Alex
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:56 pm

I managed to survive a layoff of 5% of the workforce of Enterprise in this area.

This is something I never thought I'd see working for a privately held company. They laid off 200 people today. Not a fun day.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I managed to survive a layoff of 5% of the workforce of Enterprise in this area.

This is something I never thought I'd see working for a privately held company. They laid off 200 people today. Not a fun day.

Ouch. Yea, I've survived several rounds of "layoff sandwiches" where I'm at now. The newspaper biz is not the most happenin' place to be lately (cuz of all the dang kids getting their news off that thar newfangled interweb thingy!)... fortunately my personal policy of keeping my head down, remaining neutral and disinterested, and staying the hell out of the way seems to be working well for me.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Ouch. Yea, I've survived several rounds of "layoff sandwiches" where I'm at now. The newspaper biz is not the most happenin' place to be lately (cuz of all the dang kids getting their news off that thar newfangled interweb thingy!)... fortunately my personal policy of keeping my head down, remaining neutral and disinterested, and staying the hell out of the way seems to be working well for me.

lol! sounds like me.. so far been working great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:04 am

Quote :
fortunately my personal policy of keeping my head down, remaining neutral and disinterested, and staying the hell out of the way seems to be working well for me.

I've adopted that policy as well. There are people in my own department that don't know what it is I do. I go in and out from a little room to get coffee and rarely engage in any conversation. I've become the Lazlo of the office.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:16 am

I wish I could be so lucky.In my Department everyone comes to me for everything.Theres times when I cant even go to the restroom without someone wondering where I am.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:23 am

exact33 wrote:

uhhh you forgot the other 3000+ points that it still seems to be down.. now i see why your daytrading career didnt last long...

Alex

That's why it's called day trading. You only trade on days where it goes up.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:36 am

I have survived three purgings and I have just survived the fourth purging, that the local newspaper just announced that they are laying off 380 people. I have been lucky that I can talk to clients and seem to know what I am doing, even when I don't everybody seems to think I do.

No such a thing as job security anymore unless you work in the healthcare industry or become a teacher.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:40 am

The funding for my job comes from money generated from 911. Unless people stop calling for help, I'm OK for a while (I hope!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:54 am

I always get a little nervous at the end of the season (late May/early June) when they start looking at the budgets for the upcoming fiscal year in July. Eventually, someone in accounting is gonna ask "Why are we paying this guy this much, when we can get some kid right out of school for this much less?"

Of course, I could spend less time posting on message boards and make myself a valuable asset to the company.

LOL
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:39 pm

Quote :
The funding for my job comes from money generated from 911. Unless people stop calling for help, I'm OK for a while (I hope!)

It's a blessing and I'm very thankful to God that my job is Fire/EMS.....which the World would have to be in apocalyptic state to get rid of.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:41 pm

My luck may have run out, they have called people from our dept one by one and our letting them go, with this economy that is not exactly great news.

I know we don't know each other but wish me luck, I am supporting 7 people including myself on one paycheck, I hope my BS skills have save my ass.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:40 pm

Manny I wish you all the luck in the world! Fuck George Bush.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:22 pm

manny wrote:
My luck may have run out, they have called people from our dept one by one and our letting them go, with this economy that is not exactly great news.

I know we don't know each other but wish me luck, I am supporting 7 people including myself on one paycheck, I hope my BS skills have save my ass.

been through it and I actually am better for it. It wasnt easy at the time but now looking back it was for the best. I found a better company and more money through it all. Getting through the forest is the biggest problem. Let us know how it goes!

Alex
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:25 pm

manny wrote:

How'd you make out Manny?

I've been there and it's not a fun feeling...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:27 pm

manny wrote:

Good luck manny! I hope it turns out ok.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:57 pm

I have had a temporary stay of execution but they start the process again next month and than again in after the end of the first quarter next year. It is really stupid my dept only has about 35 people so today they let go of 4 and next month they will let go of 6 more.

The good part is the will offer severance which is good, but I resent the hell of the fact I am losing my job at some point, so can train someone in India to do the same job I do, bastards, well enough of my rant.

Thanks for the good thoughts, guys
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:00 pm

manny wrote:
I have had a temporary stay of execution but they start the process again next month and than again in after the end of the first quarter next year. It is really stupid my dept only has about 35 people so today they let go of 4 and next month they will let go of 6 more.

The good part is the will offer severance which is good, but I resent the hell of the fact I am losing my job at some point, so can train someone in India to do the same job I do, bastards, well enough of my rant.

Thanks for the good thoughts, guys

I can lend you my linoleum knife if you want Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:09 pm

At least you weren't offering me one of Spec's Halloween treats.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:14 pm

Not to mention his Halloween costume affraid

What is your line of work? - Page 2 Bighero
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:41 am

ok, I'll cum clean. I don't have a magic weiner. I sell cds to suckers online:
cds for suckers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your line of work?   What is your line of work? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your line of work?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Long Live The Loud :: Long Live The Loud :: Everything Else-
Jump to: