Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When your bored and on the internet do you......

Go down 
+5
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Phoenix Reign Drummer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2008-10-13

When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When your bored and on the internet do you......   When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
I just wonder if Kaufman was serious. It was really hard to tell with him, he was literally insane.

Yeah, he was nuts. His manager and best friend Bob Zmuda (the guy who rushes in toward the end of that video where he beats up that woman) claims even he doesn't know whether Kauffman was serious.

I think he may have believed it was serious by that point
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: When your bored and on the internet do you......   When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:01 pm

It's really hard to tell because for part of his Memphis run, Zmuda was his "manager". Later, Kauffman was managed by Jimmy "Mouth Of The South" Hart. Man, those were the glory days of wrestling. The crap that's on the air now isn't even close to being as intriguing.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: When your bored and on the internet do you......   When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:03 pm

Ultimate Warrior was my favorite Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: When your bored and on the internet do you......   When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:07 pm

Just found this. I find this fascinating even though the video sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rUbT0FGDh8
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: When your bored and on the internet do you......   When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:21 pm

Pretty cool. But that guy needs a better VCR.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: When your bored and on the internet do you......   When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:26 pm

No kidding.

Of course, that footage is about 20 years old.

I just find it cool because it brings back memories. I'd watch Memphis wrestling religiously every week. Lots of blood and lots of stars. The list of wrestlers who went on to bigger things is endless: Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Mark Callas (Undertaker), Ric Flair, The Godfather (known in Memphis as The Soultaker), Koko B Ware, Kerry Von Erich...etc, etc.

I loved that show. Today's wrestling programs really suck by comparison.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: When your bored and on the internet do you......   When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:30 pm

ESPN Classic runs the old AWA program at midnight on weeknights and that stuff is pure wrestling gold. Those were indeed the days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: When your bored and on the internet do you......   When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:36 pm

spectrefate wrote:
ESPN Classic runs the old AWA program at midnight on weeknights and that stuff is pure wrestling gold. Those were indeed the days.

Yeah, the guy in the cube next to me DVRs those shows. Most of the matches are squashes but who cares because the feuds make sense and have a logical build; something WWE these days knows nothing about. WWE throws random guys together in tag matches and there's very little logic regarding why guys are feuding with other guys.

I miss the old days of wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: When your bored and on the internet do you......   When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:09 am

oh man do I miss watching wrestling... I started watching it around Wrestlemania 9 and just when Vince Mcmahon bought WCW It went downhill so fast that I started to stop watching it. I got so many VHS tapes of WWF, WCW, ECW (i'll never get rid of those) and some various japanese tapes. My favorite wrestler will always be Mick Foley Ive met him a few times since he lives in the area. Hes a nice guy. Its just a shame the way wrestling has changed no one has a personality and story lines are just rediculous, I also think things happen too fast. They dont let story lines develope like they used to. Now with all the Pay Per Views that they have it just killed everything. The funny thing is though the shows still sell out.

got tons of figures probably over 200 slowly im starting to sell them on ebay.

About Andy Kaufman and the King. Supposedley it was all fake and planned out. I remember Lawler talking about that a few years back on something. They were both actually really good friends. The thing with Kaufman was that he kind of had a dry or dark sense of humor so know one knew if he was serious or just joking. His Tony Clifton character was great! The Movie Man On The Moon was great as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When your bored and on the internet do you......   When your bored and on the internet do you...... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When your bored and on the internet do you......
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3