Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Between a Rock and a Hard Place Empty
PostSubject: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:17 am

Ok, here's the situation...

It's Friday and both of my bosses are out for the day. Although I'm not "officially" in charge, I do have seniority over everyone else in the department. By 9:30, people were already saying "F*ck this, I'm leaving early, Dave do you care?". I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "I don't care, as long as your work is done, it doesn't matter to me." Now I'm certainly not going to police them, they're adults and know what they have to do. And since I'm not officially in charge, it's not my responsibility. But here's my problem.

We have a hockey game tomorrow. If I get all of my graphics done today, I'm off for the weekend. If not, I gotta come in on Saturday for a few hours. However, I don't have a game script yet, and I need that script to tell me what needs to be created for the game. The guy that puts the script together says he'll have it ready by sometime this afternoon, but he's burnt me in the past. Do I wait around for a script which may or may not show up today and stay to get things done or do I say "F*ck it" and leave early, knowing that I gotta come in tomorrow?

I'll eat a donut and drink some coffee while you all mull over my dilemma.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:20 am

Dave, buddy. Go home.

You will be royally pissed if script boy gives you the script at 3:30 this afternoon. In that scenario, you have waited all day for naught and then you'll have to contemplate whether to stay late tonite or come in tomorrow. So just leave now, and come back tomorrow. Traffic won't be so bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:30 am

spectrefate wrote:
Dave, buddy. Go home.

You will be royally pissed if script boy gives you the script at 3:30 this afternoon. In that scenario, you have waited all day for naught and then you'll have to contemplate whether to stay late tonite or come in tomorrow. So just leave now, and come back tomorrow. Traffic won't be so bad.

Since I've already packed my lunch for today, I'll at least give him till 1:00. I've got some things I can work on for now and of course, I can always kill time here and the HoM. Coming in on Saturday presents a whole other different set of problems, specifically the twins. My wife works on the weekends and now I'll have to take them to my parents to babysit. I had already planned to do so in the afternoon so I could take care of some other things around the house, but now this would put me up against a time frame that I wasn't prepared for. And as anyone with infants will tell you, it's allot of work to get them dressed up, packed up and dropped off to Gram & Pop's. Especially by 10:00 am.

Eh, time for another cuppa coffee.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:58 am

Go home. A day off in the hand is worth two days off in the bush.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 pm

I think I'd give him a little time.I would hate to think I had to come back to work on Saturday.

Or another scenario.Since you're in charge,give these people that want to leave a new project to work on.Namely this script you speak of.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
I think I'd give him a little time.I would hate to think I had to come back to work on Saturday.

Or another scenario.Since you're in charge,give these people that want to leave a new project to work on.Namely this script you speak of.

Nah, it's not our job. It's another department that puts the script together. My guys got plenty of other work to do. And I don't care if they stick around or leave. I just said that in the office to sound somewhat responsible because they asked me. Coming in on a Saturday is nothing new to me, it happens from time to time. On the plus side, if we work on the weekend, we get a day off during the week to make up for it.

UPDATE: The script has arrived. Woo-hoo!! I should be able to get everything done and still be out by 3:00 today. Early dismissal and the weekend off!! Drinks on me, fellas!! Cheers!! Burp
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:07 pm

Cool,glad it worked out for ya. Beer
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Taking off early on a Friday is the best.

I do that m'self on occasion. Cool
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:06 pm

I am off all next week Smile

Alex
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:07 pm

Tomorrow Im on my 8th day in a row.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:14 pm

DeathCult wrote:

I hope that's by choice. You have a Born Again collection to pay for! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:21 pm

spectrefate wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Wow, you catch on quick Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place   Between a Rock and a Hard Place Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Page 1 of 1