Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?

Go down 
+4
Rapscallion
DeathCult
SpectreFate
Phoenix Reign Drummer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Empty
PostSubject: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Ok tonight I was getting ready to do the radio show and the station has a chat room where we all talk before our shows. I was in the room talking and just joking around with people. So I was keeping up with the jokes and I asked this one person what their favorite band was or what bands do they like. They were like oh theres many I said well ok just pick one. They go Dying Fetus. I said jokingly.....ok let me start this over... Tell me a GOOD band that you like. And then all hell breaks loose in the room. now I wasnt serious in the way I said it I put the usually LOL in the sentence to they know im kidding or whatever and again I was just going with the flow of the fooling around that was already going on. So out of no where the person is like oh I guess you would feel the same about the band Suffocation, and then they went on to telling me to die lol. and they were serious too, they were actually mad.

Someone else chimed in too and they were mad also. I tried defending myself that I was only joking and if they would actually listen to our show they would see we even joke about the bands that we listen to and play. So eventually I just gave up because I see that these people are just total morons and have no sense of humor what so ever. Its just music its not like I personally attacked them but for some reason they felt that way because I said something about Dying Fetus and seriously come on...the band is called Dying Fetus! Who can take that seriously anyway.

I honestly hate death metal and I could care less if someone listens to it. Its just music people dont like stuff I listen to and i dont care its what you like personally but its when someone takes it personally like they are actually in the band or something. Its just makes no sense. Man.... Ive heard so many people say so much crap about my band its not even funny but I dont get upset. The music is not for them so what.

So does anyone get mad when people make jokes about bands you listen to? Was I wrong to say what I said or were they just complete A-holes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:32 pm

They were being a-holes. Those people who take death metal so seriously are retarded. Almost as idiotic as the people who play video games every waking moment and relate everything in real life to a video game. I go to an art school. That place is full of them.

Don't sweat it, Wayne. Remember 2 words. FUCK 'EM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:39 pm

They're just dumbasses. No real big deal there. And the only time Ive ever been pissed by someone doing that is candy ass with Born Again
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:41 pm

By the way, you think thats bad, you should see some of the death threats I used to get because I wouldnt add more black metal to my website
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:38 am

I've had to take a lot of crap for not liking Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Insane clown posse, The Devil Wears Prada, Job for a Cowboy, Nightwish, Dragonforce, Mudvayne, Godsmack, Shinedown, Journey, Bon Jovi, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Lamb of God, the whole schpiel.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:40 am

HAHA those damn death metal bastards! alright well im happy to know this. Ive been looking for another site to do the station from since all the people that listen to that are mostly death metal fans and they just cant accept all different forms of metal. A good majority of them can but for the ones that cant make me sick.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:45 am

My guess is these idiots are 25 or younger.

Anyone who takes someone's opinion of a band they like that seriously is obviously lacking maturity.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:46 pm

What a bunch of dickheads, if these guys would move out of their mother's basements and get laid they might not take such crap so seriously.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:37 pm

haha It was like EMO day yesturday
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:45 pm

i think those people who have to make fun of others metal taste really feel like their bands cant hack it. I joke all the time about how ozzy really cant do much anymore but his stuff with sabbath is for the most part legendary. I may not like a certain band but it doesnt mean they dont have fans.

Alex
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:23 am

It bothers me when "non-metal" people make lame jokes about something they know nothing about. Actually, it others me when anyone makes a joke about subjects they know nothing about. More to the point, most people just bother me, no matter what they do. I'm a f*cking old crank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?   Does it make you mad when people joke about bands? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does it make you mad when people joke about bands?
Page 1 of 1