Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.

Go down 
+3
DeathCult
detuned
SpectreFate
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Empty
PostSubject: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:19 am

I'll start this long overdue thread by posting this:

Fuck Def Leppard. This is the REAL "Animal"

Last edited by SpectreFate on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:20 am

DC, I saw a few demos of the first Invasion album on Youtube. Where can I get those on disc?
Back to top Go down
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:31 am

Spec, you're a sick man! Boink
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:33 am

Vinnie is the best guitarist KISS ever had. The other board is full of Vinnie haters. Are you a Vinnie hater as well, detuned?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:00 am

Vinnie Vincent is not only the best guitarist they ever had, but my favorite guitar player. He takes a bum rap MUCH too often.

Spec, it would depend which Demos, most of those songs on the first album date back awhile. And some he used again when Jeff Scott Soto auditioned. I have a few on CD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:24 pm

Don't worry, I'm not a Vinnie hater, just giving you grief. He played on the last Kiss album I really liked (Lick It Up).
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:52 pm

I'm a closet Vinnie hater. I secretly think he sucks.

But you'll never get that out of me. Never. NEVER!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:46 am

Rapscallion wrote:
I'm a closet Vinnie hater. I secretly think he sucks.

But you'll never get that out of me. Never. NEVER!

No offense, but youre wayyy too young to be familiar with all his work.
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Of course, not all of it, but I've heard both VV invasion albums and Lick It Up...not impressed.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Rapscallion wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Of course, not all of it, but I've heard both VV invasion albums and Lick It Up...not impressed.

You suck ass.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:36 am

I am neither a lover nor a hater of the Vin man. I liked his work with KISS, but I never cared much for the VV Invasion. Although in fairness, I think that had more to do with my disliking of Mark Slaughter's voice than the music itself. The guy's got talent in spades, but he seems to be his own worst enemy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:56 am

I've met Vinnie and he was a bit of a douche. His ego walked into the room five minutes before he did.

That said, he's a great player. But history has shown that said ego got him f**ked out of KISS and has continued to f**k himself out of any happiness twenty plus years later.

By the way, how much must it have burned Vinnie's ass when the bulk of the Invasion band bailed on him to form Slaughter, who then went on to sell a billion zillion records on their first shot outta the box?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:57 am

Quote :
By the way, how much must it have burned Vinnie's ass when the bulk of the Invasion band bailed on him to form Slaughter, who then went on to sell a billion zillion records on their first shot outta the box?

I've oft wondered this myself. But the VVI albums kill anything Slaughter even thought of putting out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:56 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

I've oft wondered this myself. But the VVI albums kill anything Slaughter even thought of putting out.

...and just to add insult to Vinnie's injury, Slaughter's first big tour was ... opening for KISS' Hot in the Shade tour! Oh, the irony!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:30 pm

detuned wrote:
He played on the last Kiss album I really liked (Lick It Up).

Pretty much sums up how I feel as well.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:02 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Indeed. Chrysalis records more or less pulled the punches on Slaughter though, VVI's second album was supposed to be over the top commercial like Slaughter's Stick It To Ya. He refused to do it and Chrysalis was so pissed they went so far as remixing certain tracks on the album, and after realizing he was totally unwilling to compromise, they cancelled his contract and extended it to Slaughter. To his credit though, he DID finish the tour completely and got along with the bandmembers, when I saw them, couldnt tell a thing was wrong. With that being said though Guitars From Hell probably wouldve shot up there if Enigma records didnt got out of business in 89. and Dana Strum is a total asshole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.   The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Vinnie Vincent Appreciation Thread.
Page 1 of 1