Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

some hair metal help

Go down 
+8
Tall Tyrion
Phoenix Reign Drummer
kmorg
detuned
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
SpectreFate
exact33
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

some hair metal help - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 9:47 pm

I actually don't mind Slaughter, but the two CDs I have by them " Stick It to Ya'' and " Wild Life' is filled with mostly filler material, I prefered him in the Vinnie Vincent Invasion, but I think the Journey guy Robert Fleishman was a better vocalist than Mark Slaughter, he unfortuntley did not have to right image for that band.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 pm

i got some Dangerous Toys and I like them. Their track on the Shocker soundtrack is the best thing I have heard of them though...

Alex
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:33 am

exact33 wrote:
i got some Dangerous Toys and I like them. Their track on the Shocker soundtrack is the best thing I have heard of them though...

Alex

Dangerous Toys were/are great. Love those guys. That song they did on the Shocker soundtrack was awesome. Wish I still had it. I made a tape copy, then got rid of the cd. I'd like to get it back for that track alone.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:54 am

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Wes-Cravens-Shocker-More-Nice/dp/B000008KNW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1227714820&sr=1-1

Meh, $7.80 for one song? Thanks, but I betcha my buddy still has a copy. I'll ask to borrow his. He let me copy the last few Dangerous Toys discs that I was missing. He's a big fan.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:34 pm

On the Shoker soundtrack, the Saraya song is just as good as the Dangerous Toys song, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:05 pm

spectrefate wrote:
On the Shoker soundtrack, the Saraya song is just as good as the Dangerous Toys song, IMO.

It doesn't ring any bells with me. Looking over the track list, the only 2 songs that I remember are the DT song and Megadeth's No More Mr Nice Guy, which are probably the reasons I purchased that cd in the 1st place. Wasn't Paul Stanley the lead vocals on the "Dudes of Wrath" stuff?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:09 pm

Yeah Stanley did some work on that. Not real memorable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 4:59 pm

God i forget about the " Shocker" soundtrack I had bought that thing for the Dudes of Wrath being a makor KISS fan , and those two songs sucked!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:39 pm

spectrefate wrote:

true. i think it is an underrated soundtrack altogether...

Alex
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:26 pm

Great soundtrack, been listening to it alot the past few days myself
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 3:39 pm

some other cds I am scoping out:

Ratt - Ratt and Roll 8190 (gr Hits)
Britney Fox - s/t
Dangrous Toys - Hellacious Acres
Cinderella - Once Upon a.. (gr Hits)
Babylon A.D. - s/t
Shotgun messiah
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 3:41 pm

That Babylon AD album rocks! I'd highly recommend that one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:29 am

I'll second Toho's recommendation of Babylon AD's self titled disc. That album rules.

Which Shotgun Messiah are you looking at? I never liked the vocalist on their self titled album much, but when Tim Skold took over the vox on the second album (SECOND COMING) they killed. That's one of my fave hair/sleaze metal albums ever. Even their third and final record, VIOLENT NEW BREED (where they added some industrial to the mix) was damn good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wasn't Paul Stanley the lead vocals on the "Dudes of Wrath" stuff?

Yep, Paul and Desmond Child trade off lead vox on the "Dudes of Wrath" tracks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 11:07 am

exact33 wrote:
some other cds I am scoping out:

Ratt - Ratt and Roll 8190 (gr Hits)
Britney Fox - s/t
Dangrous Toys - Hellacious Acres
Cinderella - Once Upon a.. (gr Hits)
Babylon A.D. - s/t
Shotgun messiah

Definately take that Dangerous Toys cd. I like that one better than their debut. I never cared for Britney Fox. I always thought of them as a 2nd-rate Cinderella. Over the years, however, I did get to sorta get to know Billy Childs from the band. After Britney fell apart, he was playing in another band in local clubs in Philly. My buddy knew the singer and we'd hang out before & after their sets. Nice enough guy.

I have both of those Cinderella & Ratt discs. Nothing wrong with greatest hits. Babylon AD I've heard of, but never heard. And I'd 2nd Freddy's post about Shotgun Messiah. Second Coming is a great cd.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Shotgun Messiah's "Violent New Breed" was my "gateway" album to industrial metal. I still love that album!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:36 pm

i am looking for the first 2 shotgun messiah cds. so many cds to get Smile

Alex
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:53 pm

The second one is definitely better than the first one.

But the third "Violent New Breed" is my favorite and can be had for a song. The first two are much pricier.

I can burn you a copy of Second Coming if you want.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 11:21 pm

thanks! I might take you up on that. I just made a trade for second coming Smile

Alex
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:29 am

I would definitely get the Dangerous Toys.That is a great disc.The Britny Fox aint bad either.If you liked Cinderellas Night Songs then you'll dig it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:37 am

I also got a bead on the Steelheart - s/t cd Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:40 pm

exact33 wrote:
thanks! I might take you up on that. I just made a trade for second coming Smile

Alex

Lucky dog... I'm still getting by with a CD-R of SECOND COMING... as Toho said it's rather pricey nowadays, on the rare occasion that you can find one!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex

Lucky dog... I'm still getting by with a CD-R of SECOND COMING... as Toho said it's rather pricey nowadays, on the rare occasion that you can find one!

well now it seems this guy is flaking on me. We agreed on a trade and now he wont email me back...

Alex
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:30 am

I just picked up Nitro's second for 7.99, used bins rule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some hair metal help   some hair metal help - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some hair metal help
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next