Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any good concerts lately?

Go down 
+8
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
krokus
detuned
SpectreFate
DeathCult
exact33
MetalH
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Any good concerts lately? Empty
PostSubject: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:24 pm

I haven't been to a good concert in over 2 years. I guess I'm pretty lazy these days when it comes down to it... And there haven't really been any bands I'd like to have seen. Oh well. Anyone else been to a kick ass concert lately?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:49 pm

we dont get too many bands coming through here unless you count uncle eddies prancing polka extraganza Smile

Alex
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:51 pm

And I'm sure you jumped at the chance to go see them right????
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:06 am

naw... they would have interrupted the lawrence welk show Smile

Alex
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 1:41 am

Metal Masters tour was pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:28 am

Within the next month I'm going to see Yngwie and Night Ranger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 5:37 pm

I just found out that BOC is playing Tahoe in two weeks! I think I'm gonna try to go!!
Back to top Go down
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 5:43 pm

In the past few months I've seen:

Trouble w/Dixie Witch
Witchcraft w/Graveyard
Clutch w/The Sword, Graveyard

Had a great time and got too drunk at each one...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Bret Michaels Fan
Bret Michaels Fan
krokus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:36 am

Have seen LA GUNS a month ago in the south of Spain and in Madrid i saw OLD from Germany.
Now, again in the south i will watch on saturday METAL INQUISITOR and DESTRUCTION at the HEAVY METAL HEART festival.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Saw Motorhead about 3 weeks ago. And I'll stick around to watch the AC/DC show coming to my building in November and Metallica in January.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Saw Motorhead about 3 weeks ago. And I'll stick around to watch the AC/DC show coming to my building in November and Metallica in January.

Must be nice to have acts like that come to your work eh MG?

Man,Its been a long time since I've been to a decent concert.I need to get out of the house more.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:41 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Must be nice to have acts like that come to your work eh MG?

Man,Its been a long time since I've been to a decent concert.I need to get out of the house more.

It certainly has it's advantages. There hasn't been a whole lot of acts that I've bothered staying around to watch, so I'm looking forward to those 2. We've been getting allot of country acts, which I have zero interest in. The only thing I do find facinating about it is all the country fans that crawl out of the wood work to see these guys. Example, this past Friday night was Alan Jackson. I've heard of the guy, but I couldn't tell you one song he does. As I'm driving out of the lot that night, I see all these pick-up trucks coming in and guys in giant cowboy hats & shit-kicker boots, couples in matching western shirts, etc. I don't know where these people come from. We're in the heart of South Philly, Italian goomba central. Cowboy hats?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:02 am

Garth Brooks did a concert in Central Park and that crowd was full of rednecks. I suppose they could have come from Upstate, but it makes you wonder who the hell your neighbors are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:25 am

We get a lot of good concerts around here, I'm just too lazy or busy to go to many of them. It's sad...... I guess at this point there are only a few "dream bands" that I want to see.. Like Megadeth!
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:34 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Metal Masters tour was pretty awesome

Damn right it was! Metallica was pretty good too, especially the lasers. cheers
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:03 pm

I am off to pick up my kids from the mall and than I off to see Yngwie Malmsteen, I will let know how it is. I do not own "Perpectual Flame" so I have no idea what thoses songs are like.

I still I am looking forward to the concert, I think the last concert I saw was last year with Black Sabbath/Alice Cooper, and Queensryche. This is definitley different than I was younger where I was at a concert particually 4 or 5 a month, how times, prices, and budgets change.
Back to top Go down
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:14 pm

Have fun!

I've noticed the older I get the harder it is to just leave the house to go see a concert...I get tired just thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:49 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Example, this past Friday night was Alan Jackson. I've heard of the guy, but I couldn't tell you one song he does. As I'm driving out of the lot that night, I see all these pick-up trucks coming in and guys in giant cowboy hats & shit-kicker boots, couples in matching western shirts, etc. I don't know where these people come from. We're in the heart of South Philly, Italian goomba central. Cowboy hats?

I took my wife to see Alan Jackson back in '02 at the Meadowlands here in NJ and had the same experience...I was like, "where the hell are all these "Urban Cowboys" coming from?" The parking lot at the arena looked like the middle of a NASCAR track. Motor homes, party tents, the whole kit n kaboodle. North Jersey isn't exactly a hotbed of country music fandom either, so I was surprised to see such a huge turnout, especially on a weeknight. Who knows, maybe Alan's got a cult of Grateful Dead style fans that follow him wherever he goes.

One thing that I REALLY enjoyed about that show though: Country Music Chicks!! Fellas, if you've ever wondered where all the hotties in tight jeans and tiny t-shirts that used to be at metal shows have gone, they're all going to country music concerts!! Fo'realz!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:01 am

Quote :
One thing that I REALLY enjoyed about that show though: Country Music Chicks!! Fellas, if you've ever wondered where all the hotties in tight jeans and tiny t-shirts that used to be at metal shows have gone, they're all going to country music concerts!! Fo'realz!!

I had a similiar experience the other night while leaving work the night of the Powerhouse concert. Powerhouse is a live concert sponsored by the local urban station, Power 99. They have multiple hip-hop acts and this years headliner was Jay Z. Anyway, as I walking the concourse to exit, black chicks (and some white girls) as far as the eye can see in various forms of tight low-rider jeans, belly shirts, skimpy skirts with ass-cheeks hanging out, stillettoes, thigh-high boots, the works. And the tightness/skimpiness of the outfit was not just for the skinny girls. All shapes and sizes were showing off their goodies that night, for better or worse. I was amazed at some of the outfits and I've seen plenty of 80's rock shows. These girls put those skanks to shame.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:36 pm

I watched AC/DC a few nights ago. Great show. They sounded great too, every instrument sounded clean & clear, vocals weren't burried. They threw in 3 songs from the new album which mixed in quite nicely with the rest of the "classics". And all the standards were there, Angus doing his strip-tease, Brian swinging from the Hell's Bell, cannons for the finale. Just a really great, fun rock n' roll show.
The only thing missing was chicks flashing Boobs! . I've seen AC/DC 3 or 4 times now and there was always chicks showing off the goods on the video screens, especially during the performance of "The Jack". Not so this time. I guess I shouldn't complain however. Most of the crowd was older and noone wants to see some 45-year old mom flashing her droopy hangers at Angus.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:38 pm

detuned wrote:
Have fun!

I've noticed the older I get the harder it is to just leave the house to go see a concert...I get tired just thinking about it.

Ditto. I haven't been to a concert in over 5 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good concerts lately?   Any good concerts lately? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any good concerts lately?
Page 1 of 1