Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Screw Thanksgiving!

Go down 
+10
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Fat Freddy
exact33
tohostudios
detuned
DeathCult
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
RepulseOblivion
SpectreFate
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Screw Thanksgiving! Empty
PostSubject: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:55 am

What's everyone's plans for Thanksgiving?

The wife and I will be having her fam over for dinner and then we are taking off to South Carolina for the weekend. I love South Carolina. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
RepulseOblivion
Bride of the Monster
Bride of the Monster
RepulseOblivion

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:59 am

My sister is making a feast, I suppose. I'm just in for the stuffing!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:00 am

We're probably going to my parents for dinner, then to my sister-in-law's for dessert. It's the same thing we've been doing since I've been married. I have a pretty small family, but my wife has 3 sisters and a brother and a whole mess of nieces & nephews.

We're all pretty much within a 30 mile radius of one another, so it's not a big travel day for us.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:14 am

We go to my In-Laws for Dinner.Same as every year.Eat too much,then sit around watching movies.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:16 am

Eh, I dont really care. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:39 pm

My nearest relative is almost 600 miles away...I'll probably be at Boston Market.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:05 pm

detuned wrote:
My nearest relative is almost 600 miles away...I'll probably be at Boston Market.

My nearest is about 900 miles away.

But every year I cook the biggest turkey I can find. I also usually make stuffing, gravy, green beans with almonds and cranberry sauce. I have frozen leftovers well into the new year.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:15 pm

eat turkey, eat stuffing, eat mashed potatoes, eat cranberries, eat more stuffing and watch some football..

Alex
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:38 pm

We're still hammering out plans. My Mom, my wife, and my sister in law have been rotating every year as to whose house we have Thanksgiving at. But my sister in law's a terrible cook and my Mom's house isn't big enough to hold everybody so we'll probably end up doing it at my house (again). Which is fine by me, my wife's an awesome cook!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
We're still hammering out plans. My Mom, my wife, and my sister in law have been rotating every year as to whose house we have Thanksgiving at. But my sister in law's a terrible cook and my Mom's house isn't big enough to hold everybody so we'll probably end up doing it at my house (again). Which is fine by me, my wife's an awesome cook!

I think Ill show up over at your place just for shits and giggles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:44 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I think Ill show up over at your place just for shits and giggles Very Happy

Sure thing man, you can sit at the kid's table. Just ignore the golden retriever, if he jams his snout into your crotch it means he loves you. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:49 pm

A lot of stuff has changed in my family over the last year or two so i'll be spending it with my GF's family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:58 am

Thanksgiving is kinda low key. my family will probably go over to my wife's family. Christmas is really the big family thing for us - we go to my wife's annual family reunion with 150 + people there...

Alex
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:13 am

Quote :
we go to my wife's annual family reunion with 150 + people there

Wow, I think I would rather put my nuts in a vice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:07 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

does it make it any better to know that I will be playing Santa Claus again for the 6th year running and get to have all the kids sit on my lap telling me what they want for Christmas? Smile

Alex
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:23 pm

exact33 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

does it make it any better to know that I will be playing Santa Claus again for the 6th year running and get to have all the kids sit on my lap telling me what they want for Christmas? Smile

Alex

I hope one pisses on your lap Very Happy

Uhh, I mean Merry Christmas. cheers
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

The annual Great Thanksgiving Debate was apparently settled this afternoon between my wife and my Mom... we'll be going to my Mom's place. That means me, wife, kids, my father in law, bro-in-law and sis-in law, my niece, and probably a few other assorted hangers-on. Who knows, maybe we'll bring the dog too just for shits and giggles (my Mom hates dogs).

As I mentioned my Mom's house is too small for all these people which means my brother and I will probably spend most of the day out on the back deck, drinking beers and talking shit about everybody.

At least the food will be good.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:43 am

Knowing my luck, I'll probably end up having to work. I told my boss that I would work every holiday this season if I could get Christmas off. We'll see what happens. If not, we're gonna have my parents over for dinner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:04 am

MetalH wrote:
Knowing my luck, I'll probably end up having to work. I told my boss that I would work every holiday this season if I could get Christmas off. We'll see what happens. If not, we're gonna have my parents over for dinner.

i generally try to take off from christmas until the new year. not much gets done at work then anyways so i might as well stay at home!

Alex
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:47 am

See, now that's pretty cool! I work at a grocery store, so this is just about the biggest part of the year for us. And of course, the corporate "wizards" have discovered just how much $$$ you can make by being open Xmas day. You know, for all the idiots that can't plan ahead and manage to purchase everything that they need. I've worked an Xmas or two, and it really sucked. It was sooooo busy.

I'm pretty sure I'll get Christmas off, and I don't mind working the other holidays, but really... I just wish we could be closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:00 pm

MetalH wrote:
See, now that's pretty cool! I work at a grocery store, so this is just about the biggest part of the year for us. And of course, the corporate "wizards" have discovered just how much $$$ you can make by being open Xmas day. You know, for all the idiots that can't plan ahead and manage to purchase everything that they need. I've worked an Xmas or two, and it really sucked. It was sooooo busy.

I'm pretty sure I'll get Christmas off, and I don't mind working the other holidays, but really... I just wish we could be closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

well i do do my christmas shopping on Dec 24.. I work best under pressure...

Alex
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:07 am

We'll most likely have a dinner of Hot Pockets, mashed potatoes and root beer, followed by watching old "Behind The Music" episodes.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:47 am

Sounds like you're sparing no expense.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:57 am

MetalH wrote:
Sounds like you're sparing no expense.

potatoes are expensive now!!

Alex
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:24 pm

Hot Pockets... lol!

We usually get together at my mothers and have my in laws over there as well. My mother's house is plenty big for all of us, and everyone is a good cook, so we usually do it potluck style. My mother in law makes the best pies you've ever had. Fatass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screw Thanksgiving!   Screw Thanksgiving! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screw Thanksgiving!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next