Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today I tore down my chimney off my house

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
Phoenix Reign Drummer
exact33
7 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Today I tore down my chimney off my house Empty
PostSubject: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:12 pm

I bought a house 5 years ago and it had an external wall chimney. Well recently due to weather and settling the chimney became free standing so today I tore the whole thing down. We rocked and rocked it until it collapsed! What a thrill demolition is! Cleanup wasnt too bad but it was cool to see it come down!

Alex
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:21 pm

WOW!.........How.....exciting......... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:43 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
WOW!.........How.....exciting......... Razz

HEY! so i live a dull life..

Alex
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 6:49 pm

haha. Its ok mines not that exciting either. Actually wish I could have been part of the ripping down the chimney event.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:25 pm

That sounds like a lot more fun than I had today.

Bought myself a new winter coat and cleaned part of the house because even though Sunday is my normal housecleaning day, I also need to rake leaves and today was just too damn windy. I'm hoping to commence leaf raking tomorrow in place of the housecleaning I did today.

Exciting, huh?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 8:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That sounds like a lot more fun than I had today.

Bought myself a new winter coat and cleaned part of the house because even though Sunday is my normal housecleaning day, I also need to rake leaves and today was just too damn windy. I'm hoping to commence leaf raking tomorrow in place of the housecleaning I did today.

Exciting, huh?

i went out and bought a leaf blower which does a great job on the pesky leaves... and I am about to help with the housework right now Smile

Alex
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:41 pm

I did laundry, took a nap, paid way too much for a Jefferson Airplane disc on eBay, ate, went to my wife's Vegas Cabaret Show, and now I'm home. We're all pretty bland, guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:11 pm

I got to knock down my chimney when we had the second floor put on our house back in '05. It was fun (I mean, how many chances are you gonna get to do that in your life, if you don't work in construction that is?) and it made a cool crashing sound when it landed on the ground. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I got to knock down my chimney when we had the second floor put on our house back in '05. It was fun (I mean, how many chances are you gonna get to do that in your life, if you don't work in construction that is?) and it made a cool crashing sound when it landed on the ground. Laughing

it was great to see come crashing down and the debris flew everywhere (not to mention all the grass spattered everywhere). It was wobbling while we were trying to get it to fall which made the effect even better.

Alex
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:27 pm

Thats cool!Tearing down a chimney is one of the few around the house projects I havent got to do.Of course we dont have a chimney on our new house but where we lived before had one that needed to be tore down.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Thats cool!Tearing down a chimney is one of the few around the house projects I havent got to do.Of course we dont have a chimney on our new house but where we lived before had one that needed to be tore down.

I enjoyed it but it took awhile to clean up...

Alex
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Man Thong
Man Thong
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:33 pm

Demolition is fun. I had my son (13 at the time) helping me do some tear out at a project house, and after a few hours of smashing and ripping he looked at me and said in an awestruck voice: "Dad.... I think I was born to do this." lol!

Are you putting a new chimney up in it's place?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Demolition is fun. I had my son (13 at the time) helping me do some tear out at a project house, and after a few hours of smashing and ripping he looked at me and said in an awestruck voice: "Dad.... I think I was born to do this." lol!

Are you putting a new chimney up in it's place?

nope. The chimney was for an old wood stove that was used to heat the house from the basement. When the house was fitted for HVAC the chimney became obsolete and started to break away from the house. I am going to re-side that side of the house - it was re-sided pretty recently so it should not be too noticeable...

Alex
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:43 am

exact33 wrote:

it was great to see come crashing down and the debris flew everywhere (not to mention all the grass spattered everywhere). It was wobbling while we were trying to get it to fall which made the effect even better.

Alex

Yea, when we tore ours down I gave it a good shove, it kinda weeble-wobbled back and forth for a few seconds and then CRRRAAAAASSSSH!!! It was awesome!! My son was in the back yard (a safe distance away) watching and when it hit he screamed "YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today I tore down my chimney off my house   Today I tore down my chimney off my house Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Today I tore down my chimney off my house
Page 1 of 1