Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your favorite era of music?

Go down 
+11
RepulseOblivion
detuned
manny
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
exact33
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
DeathCult
SpectreFate
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

50s
Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
60s
Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
70s
Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
80s
Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap57%Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 8 ]
90s
Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
00s
Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:53 pm

Jerry Lee's music is tons better than Elvis' (although I love Elvis as well) but Elvis had all the girls cumming in their panties on a nightly basis. That is why Elvis is called the king of rock n roll.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Jerry Lee's music is tons better than Elvis' (although I love Elvis as well) but Elvis had all the girls cumming in their panties on a nightly basis. That is why Elvis is called the king of rock n roll.

Elvis is great, I love his stuff. Musically, Jerry Lee is better, but vocal wise and image, Ill take Elvis anyday, he was pretty badass...well until he got fat anyway, I can still do without Blue Hawaii
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
scottmitchell74
In Perpetual Motion
In Perpetual Motion
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:30 am

NOW! It just keeps getting better! (Has there been a bad era?)
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:06 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
NOW! It just keeps getting better! (Has there been a bad era?)

I really wish I shared your enthusiasm. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:26 am

DeathCult wrote:
detuned wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
I thought about voting for the 50's just for the hell of it.

Alot of my favorite jazz albums were recorded in the mid-late 50's, I almost voted for it.

Spec's avatar and this thread really made me think if that incident didnt happen where they found out Jerry Lee married his teen cousin, he probably wouldve been as big as or maybe bigger than Elvis.

I don't think that if Jerry Lee Lewis hadn't married his cousin he would have been bigger than Elvis. I think he would held on to his success but Jerry was always a wild man compared to Elvis's wholesome image, also what other performer can make a series of crappy movies like Elvis, release a horde of medicore recordings and mange to hold to his success.

I am fan of both men, but Elvis was like a supernova, that guy (commerically) could do no wrong. Any other performer who made some of the business and artistic decisions he made would have sunk without a trace, but not Elvis.
Back to top Go down
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:09 pm

CHUCK BERRY

Chuck was the king of rock n roll as far as I'm concerned...
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:14 pm

detuned wrote:
CHUCK BERRY

I would agree with you detuned, but i hate bring race into this but during that time period you needed a white man who sounded "black" to make rock n roll the commerical beast it became.

Chuck Berry is a great artist and probably the most influential figure in all of rock history as far as song writing, guitar playing , image, lyrics etc, but as good as he was, he could never have broken thru as Elvis did, simply because of his skin color. What's your opinion?
Back to top Go down
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 4:03 am

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:
CHUCK BERRY

I would agree with you detuned, but i hate bring race into this but during that time period you needed a white man who sounded "black" to make rock n roll the commerical beast it became.

Chuck Berry is a great artist and probably the most influential figure in all of rock history as far as song writing, guitar playing , image, lyrics etc, but as good as he was, he could never have broken thru as Elvis did, simply because of his skin color. What's your opinion?

I agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:14 pm

too bad we dont have the 30's cause glenn miller is the man!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite era of music?   Your favorite era of music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2