Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is your favorite thrash album?

Go down 
+8
Rapscallion
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
MetalH
scottmitchell74
DeathCult
exact33
SpectreFate
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Disturbing The Priest
Disturbing The Priest
DeathCult

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2008-10-13

What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite thrash album?   What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:25 pm

detuned wrote:
Rapscallion wrote:
I gotta say either the Suicidal Tendencies s/t or Megadeth-So far...so good, etc.

We need to tutor him, he's evidently not gotten the whole thrash thing quite right. Thrash 101, anyone?

The first two things he needs to understand some roots is Welcome To Hell by Venom and Lightning To The Nations by Diamond Head. From there, I would say Killing Is My Business by Megadeth, Survive by Nuclear Assault, Reign In Blood, Kill Em All, and Among The Living.

Suicidal's S/T does count as thrash though, IMO
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite thrash album?   What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:44 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Suicidal's S/T does count as thrash though, IMO

Absolutely, that was the misinterpretation that told me "the boy needs to get him some learnin',"
Back to top Go down
Rapscallion
Resident Prepubescent
Resident Prepubescent
Rapscallion

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite thrash album?   What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:43 pm

Why not? It sounds pretty thrashy to me. Mad
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite thrash album?   What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:29 pm

So Far So Good is a highly underrated Deth album, but it doesn't even register on the thrash radar IMO. I think Killing Is My Business is a great choice though. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite thrash album?   What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:33 pm

Slayer-Reign in Blood, at the time of its release I was 16 years old , and detuned stated it was the holy grail of thrash at the time.

But there many to choose from, too many in fact.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Quantity, Not Quality
Quantity, Not Quality
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite thrash album?   What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:47 pm

manny wrote:
Slayer-Reign in Blood, at the time of its release I was 16 years old , and detuned stated it was the holy grail of thrash at the time.

1986 was The Year of Thrash. We got MASTER OF PUPPETS, PEACE SELLS BUT WHO'S BUYING, and REIGN IN BLOOD all in the same year. It'll never be that good again!!
Back to top Go down
detuned
...Dave's not here.
...Dave's not here.
detuned

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite thrash album?   What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:52 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

1986 was The Year of Thrash. We got MASTER OF PUPPETS, PEACE SELLS BUT WHO'S BUYING, and REIGN IN BLOOD all in the same year. It'll never be that good again!!

Amen brother. You know, if you count back to 1981 for the origins of thrash (Venom, Motorhead, etc) you're still talking about a form of music that developed AND peaked in just 5 years. That's friggin' amazing in the grand musical scheme...not unlike the meteoric rise and fall of Bebop in the jazz world between 1947-1954, the similarity is that both styles evolved quickly and then morphed into many new variations over the next couple decades.

I can't believe I just compared thrash to bebop.... Boink
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
It's Easier To Lie
It's Easier To Lie
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite thrash album?   What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

1989 will always be my favorite year.You had Deliverance-S/T,The Crucified,Vengeance Risings Once Dead,Defiance-Product of Society.Think back to most metal albums released that year.They are all great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite thrash album?   What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:46 pm

I don't know why I haven't responded to this post yet. So I will now.

Megadeth's - So Far, So Good, So What.

It wasn't an easy choice to make, whatwith Anthrax and Metallica being easy favorites, but So Far... still brings a smile to my face every time I hear it. It also has my favorite Megadeth song ever, In My Darkest Hour. And although I've listened to that tape/cd about a billion and a half times, I still can't sing the fast part of "Liar" word for word with Dave. I always get tripped up around the ..diseased, health hazard, scum bag, filthy bastard.. part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite thrash album?   What is your favorite thrash album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite thrash album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2