Long Live The Loud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?

Go down 
+8
tohostudios
exact33
manny
MetalH
kmorg
Phoenix Reign Drummer
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Empty
PostSubject: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:26 pm

I've seen David Lee Roth re-unite and tour with Van Halen and I now have a copy of Chinese Democracy in my hands. If these aren't signs of the impending apocolypse, I don't know what are.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:29 pm

Did you get that CD free at work?
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:29 pm

What do you think about the cd? I got it yesturday and going into it I knew what to expect and I was hoping that the other 4 or 5 songs were going to be better but they just werent. I still have to give it some more listens but as of now I think its total crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
What do you think about the cd? I got it yesturday and going into it I knew what to expect and I was hoping that the other 4 or 5 songs were going to be better but they just werent. I still have to give it some more listens but as of now I think its total crap.

Quote :
Did you get that CD free at work?

No freebie this time. I went to Best Buy and paid for it with the money I made selling my excess body hair that I weave into toupees.

As for the music, I'm pretty much a GnR die-hard, so even though I knew it's NOT a GnR album, I always thought that no matter what, Axl isn't going to release a total turd of an album. It would have something good about it. It's Axl solo, clear and simple. For the most part, I like it. I don't mind the epic/piano/artsy stuff that he's doing. I really like that Sorry song. His vocals sound good. Like most people, I agree that it's not worth the 15 year wait, no album is. But I'm digging it. My only criticism so far would be the electronic sounding blips & beeps in allot of the music and the programmed drums on some tunes. I'm not a fan of that Nine Inch Nails sound he was going for. Time will tell if this album holds up or if I'll shelve it once the excitement of a new Guns album finally wears off.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 3:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've seen David Lee Roth re-unite and tour with Van Halen and I now have a copy of Chinese Democracy in my hands. If these aren't signs of the impending apocolypse, I don't know what are.

I should also add that I'm actually liking Death Magnetic. Metallica was on life-support after dropping those Loads on me and were D.O.A. after St. Turdfest. Welcome back, boys.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Lil' Drummer Boy
Lil' Drummer Boy
Phoenix Reign Drummer

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:15 pm

Yea the Metallica album is awesome! The only song I dont like off that one is the instrumental and even that one isnt that bad but otherwise that cd is listenable all the way through.

With the GNR I think all the programmed sounds is what really bother me the most. When Illusions 1 and 2 came out I was a huge GNR fan. It was them and Metallica for atleast 2 or 3 straight years thats all I would listen to. The new GNR is tollerable but its just not GNR and should have just been a solo album.

Did you get your free dr. pepper? haha.. they extended it til today. I tried to get on the site but it says not available
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/waynethedrummerboy
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:15 pm

Weel, I seem to have found the end:

http://www.romlist.com/end/
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Bringer of Lutefisk
Bringer of Lutefisk
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:17 pm

With so many ends, should this be posted in the butts-thread?

http://bw.org/end/
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:20 pm

Only good looking ends are allowed in the butts thread. Wink

I've heard two songs from the new GnR. The only song I remember the title of is Shackler's Revenge. I hated both of the songs. Give me Appetite any day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:00 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Yea the Metallica album is awesome! The only song I dont like off that one is the instrumental and even that one isnt that bad but otherwise that cd is listenable all the way through.

With the GNR I think all the programmed sounds is what really bother me the most. When Illusions 1 and 2 came out I was a huge GNR fan. It was them and Metallica for atleast 2 or 3 straight years thats all I would listen to. The new GNR is tollerable but its just not GNR and should have just been a solo album.

Did you get your free dr. pepper? haha.. they extended it til today. I tried to get on the site but it says not available

I tried last night to get my Dr. Pepper, but the site kept locking up. Too many people I guess. Funny thing, I don't even drink the stuff. I'm not a soda drinker, but I figured if they're offering, I'll take it.

Quote :

The instrumental's ok, but I don't care for Unforgiven III. Not a totally horrible song, just un-necessary and sticks out like a sore-thumb the same way that the "A Tout Le Mond" (sp?) re-make didn't jive with the rest of Megadeth's United Abominations.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:59 pm

This has been a good year for an old man like me, AC/DC " Black Ice" their best album since " For Thoses About to Rock", Metallica's newest album is the best one in years, Guns n Roses's actually release their album and it doesn't suck.

Van Halen, The Police reunite for a tour, The Doors release a live recording from 1967.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:00 pm

2008 has been an exceptional year, musically speaking. I hope '09 will be as good.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:03 pm

2009 should be good, both Van Halen and KISS are talking about releasing new studio albums, and after seeing that Guns N Roses put out " Chinese Democracy" I believe anything is possible.

Also Megadeth are working on a new album, Black Sabbath (w/Dio) are also set to release a new album, plus all of the music I have yet to discover, so it should be really good year.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 6:04 pm

Van Halen, Kiss, Megadeth, and Sabbath are all things to be excited for. Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:28 pm

and new Grave Digger!! Which will make the year a success!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:31 pm

So is it a bad thing.... That I have never checked out Grave Digger? Shocked
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
...There Goes Tokyo...
...There Goes Tokyo...
tohostudios

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:39 pm

MetalH wrote:

Only if you're into a singer who sounds like Udo crossed with Lemmy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:47 am

tohostudios wrote:
MetalH wrote:

Only if you're into a singer who sounds like Udo crossed with Lemmy.

I've got a few Grave Digger cd's, but I've never been able to really get into them. I might have to give 'em another spin to see if anything sticks.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:49 am

I only heard Grave digger recently and the music was good but those vocals were horrible.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:53 am

manny wrote:
I only heard Grave digger recently and the music was good but those vocals were horrible.

I think that's what's holding me back. While I don't remember them being horrible, they did kinda grate on my nerves after a bit. I know I own 2 discs, Excalibur is one. I can't remember the 2nd one I have. I remember I bought them both together from a guy on ebay.
Back to top Go down
manny
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
manny

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:56 am

Where have you been dude? I thought you had left over at HoM, Saxon left and Eyesore was talking of leaving so I thought you had abandoned ship, I am glad your back.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Sexy Octogenarian
Sexy Octogenarian
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:00 am

manny wrote:
Where have you been dude? I thought you had left over at HoM, Saxon left and Eyesore was talking of leaving so I thought you had abandoned ship, I am glad your back.

I was just taking a break. No issues here, but the HoM was getting too serious and personally, I was getting jammed up at work and dealing with some family stuff. I just needed to focus and take a break. Now that I got all the work stuff outta the way, I can come back here and goof off. I'm off to our Tuesday staff meeting.

Laterz
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Sweating Bullets
Sweating Bullets
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:34 am

Seems like there's a lot of drama on boards these days... That's why I come here. Smile
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
I Love The Dead
I Love The Dead
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 7:15 pm

You just have to worry about men dancing in diapers here. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianleemarshall.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?   Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the End Coming Sooner Than We Think?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next